AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags lets Joomla! sites tell stories on Facebook through Open Graph markup, automatically adding them to content pages.
With AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags plug-in, you can use proper Open Graph tags to drive distribution to your Joomla! site. Open Graph tags in your page’s HTML allows the Facebook Crawler to generate better previews when your content is shared on Facebook.
AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags is now included in AutoTweetNG PRO.
AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags plug-in adds a few hidden lines of HTML to your webpage, and users who share links to your content will create Posts with the defined information.
The basic Open Graph tags you should implement
In Joomla!, AutoTweetNG Facebook Open Graph Tags generates the recommended tags to drive distribution, and extra attributes available at CMS level.
- The title of your article, excluding any branding.
- The name of your website. e.g. IMDb not imdb.com.
- The URL that is the the unique identifier for your post. It should match your canonical URL used for SEO, and it should not include any session variables, user identifying parameters, or counters. If you use this improperly, likes and shares will not be aggregated for this URL and will be spread across all of the variations of the URL.
- A detailed description of the piece of content, usually between 2 and 4 sentences.
- The URL of the image that you want to appear when you share a link. We suggest that you use an image of at least 1200x630 pixels.
- The unique ID that lets Facebook know the identity of your site. This is crucial for Facebook Insights to work properly.
To learn more about how Open Graph Tags meta tags and web crawler work, please check out Custom Stories - Post rich stories from your app using a strongly typed API.
Sample: how Facebook loads a Open Graph Tags with AutoTweetNG plug-in
Facebook's debug tool is a handy tool to test and debug how Facebook crawler loads your site information. The following screenshot have been generated from http://www.extly.com/joocial.html. In this way, we have a perfect case to show how a Open Graph can be implemented with AutoTweetNG OpenGraph plug-in for Joomla! CMS.
AutoTweet and Joocial versions
Once you have a good grasp on social media management, and you are ready to integrate more Joomla! extensions or take advantage of more social networks (namenly JomSocial, Scoop.it or Tumblr), post scheduling, repeats, evergreen posts, and a virtual manager, you can easily upgrade to either AutoTweetNG Pro or Joocial: