Frequently asked questions
- Composer Mobile App
- What Your Membership Includes?
- Can we buy the Composer mobile application source code?
- Where can I download the composer app source code for Joocial?
- Is it possible to test the composer app on my computer?
- Is it possible to post to Instagram, Pinterest or SnapChat without the app?
- Do you offer any ability to custom-brand the Composer App?
- When is a Joomla! content article published on Facebook wall?
- X extension is shown in the list of integrated extensions, but when I add a content item, it is not published to social networks, why?
- In my website, I have X extension installed, which is an amazing extension, can you support a new integration plugin for X?
- What are Facebook's "OpenGraph Tags"?
- What is Content Polling?
- I would like to publish also when I make changes to an article, not only when I make a new one, how is that possible?
- How can content be republished?
- I want to customize Plugin sources, how can it be done?
- I have 900 articles; I want to run a routine to auto tweet all of them, how?
- How can I define evergreen posts?
- If I choose Random in evergreen strategy, do I have to set frequency?
- Do I have to adjust "Advanced options/Interval in seconds"?
- Does evergreen frequency override Automator plugin or Cron job task?
- Facebook Layouts Guide, how to publish Big Pictures
- Facebook Posts are only visible to my friends, how can it be changed?
- Facebook Post, How to customize text fields
- In Facebook, the title of the article appears twice in the post, why?
- In Facebook, an automated post has lower reach than a manual post, why?
- Is Facebook biased against posts originating outside the platform?
- What control does an AutoTweet user have over text on Facebook Fan Page and Profile Page posts originated from Joomla! articles?
- How can Posts be published in sequence?
- Is there a way of limiting or increase the number of daily messages?
- Large font size in Twitter tweet
- How to delay Posts while content is still being edited?
- How can a static text be added to all posts?
- To clean up a bit, can I safely clean up the posts table with 'Purge'?
- RSS Feeds
- Multilingual Site
- Community Management
- Can I use joocial to post on multiple Facebook users accounts?
- When you use something like Hootsuite says "Via HootSuite", can it be customized?
- Can I define my own post images and repeat Posts with an agenda? I had a problem with another service
- I am building a multi-vendor site using the VM Vendor extension in Virtuemart. Can Joocial auto publish each vendor's products to social vendor accounts?
- How to backup/restore data and settings
- How to approve a Post in Autopublish=No mode?
- Why published URLs are not SEF enabled? Or, they are redirecting to the Home
- How can a label or a message be translated or modified?
- How can a view be modified?
- What domains or external URLs are used and needed by AutoTweet?
- What happens to the extension after my membership ends?
- From Free to Pro or Joocial
- Is it possible to add social buttons to an article?
Composer Mobile App
What Your Membership Includes?
All of our memberships for Joomla! CMS include: Major and minor versions of the extensions (New features, Bug fixes and Enhancements) and support services for our customers. For more details, click here.
Particularly, a mobile application like Joocial Composer App is a binary file distributed from App stores, created and compiled for Android or iOS. To provide these powerful new features and support, we published the mobile application for free and created this new membership to integrate the mobile application. To enable it, you must install and configure Composer App integration for Joocial plugin. For more details, click here.
Can we buy the Composer mobile application source code?
Yes. If you plan to create your own mobile application, then we have a membership for mobile app development that includes Joocial Composer App source code. The application is based on PhoneGap/Ionic Framework and powered by our Joomla integration SDK, Slim Apps. For more details, click here.
Where can I download the composer app source code for Joocial?
We distribute our apps as open source packages for PhoneGap, AngularJS and Ionic framework. Slim Apps is an open source SDK for developing hybrid mobile apps for Joomla! CMS, based on web technology.
Mobile apps are different than our usual Joomla! extensions. Thus, to accommodate the new packages, we have published a new site to distribute mobile apps packages (starters) and a new support service for mobile apps development.
Is it possible to test the composer app on my computer?
A mobile app can only be executed on a mobile device (for example, Android or iOS).
However, if you are developing a mobile application, then it is created and tested in a desktop setup, and finally compiled for each mobile operating system to complete device-specific integration.
Is it possible to post to Instagram, Pinterest or SnapChat without the app?
No, it is not possible to publish from a website to publish to these social networks. Instagram, Pinterest and SnapChat (or other mobile-oriented social networks) are only available from mobile devices. They do not provide an official API to publish from your website.
To overcome this limitation, we have introduced Joocial Composer App with mobile sharing. In this way, a social media manager can select processed posts and manually re-share them into the managed channels.
Do you offer any ability to custom-brand the Composer App?
We offer the full application source code in Slim Apps Professional.
If you are evaluating to create your own application, then you can download the code and customize the application based on Joocial Composer App. This is a Cordova - PhoneGap development (a different setup than a Joomla! environment).
Alternatively, we can customize your application for you in a consulting project. In this case, we have to evaluate your project scope, including the app creation, customization options and store distribution.
When is a Joomla! content article published on Facebook wall?
By default, new articles are enqueued to be delivered immediately or at publishing time (Start Publishing field).
In addition, content modifications can be (optionally) also published to social channels. For example, if articles are initially created as unpublished and, in a second instance, modified to be published, then they are not processed. To enabled article modifications processing, in System - AutotweetContent plugin, Posting filter/Process modifications=Yes. This setting is a general method to publish all content modifications.
When "Process modifications" is enabled, every time you save, a new 'modified' event is fired and a new request is added in a 60-seconds window. You can increase this window to add a delay, deliver fewer requests and sum all changes in a single request (Options/Advanced/Content Polling/Minimum requests polling delay).
Finally, AutoTweet Joocial has integrated edition tools to select to publish or not a particular content item.
Joocial has an interactive tool Post manager to select when an article has to be pushed (Post This=Yes) into the publishing queue (or not, Post This=No).
Finally, Message Management has a general option to define if it must be forced for every case to either Yes or No (otherwise, requests are generated based on the general plugin definitions).
X extension is shown in the list of integrated extensions, but when I add a content item, it is not published to social networks, why?
Over 60+ extensions are integrated (please, check the list of integrated extensions here, or review the System Check menu in the extension). After you install the main component, only the core plug-ins are installed for content integration. For instance, Joomla! Content plug-in for articles.
Optional Plug-ins must be manually installed and enabled. You can find them in the downloaded package, inside the plugins/ directory. You only have to install the optional plug-in associated with your required extension.
If you have manually installed an Optional Plug-in, please remember to update it manually when a new version is available. If you plan to uninstall an integrated extension, first uninstall the integrated optional plug-in.
In my website, I have X extension installed, which is an amazing extension, can you support a new integration plugin for X?
A: As part of our support service, we provide a New Plugin Best-Effort Support: We love to integrate new extensions as a way to improve our social hub beyond its limits. If we do not have a plug-in, we add it in product roadmap to check and release it ASAP (in practice 1-2 weeks).
Particularly, about to X, we have to check if it has content integration events. AutoTweetNG and Joocial need them to receive notifications about new content being added or modified.
Joomla! supports content events for integration. Extensions ready for integration have these calls:
$dispatcher->trigger( 'onAfterEasyBlogSave' , array(&$this, $this->isNew() ) );
What are Facebook's "OpenGraph Tags"?
REF: What is "AutoTweet NG OpenGraph Tags plugin" for?
On On July 18th, 2017, Facebook enforced OpenGraph Tags as THE official way to retrieve information from a link. Open Graph protocol is used by Facebook to retrieve information about your site and your pages. For instance, when a Post is manually shared by a user. With OpenGraph Tags, the page metadata that is shared can be defined and managed. FAQ: Facebook shows the wrong image, why?
What is Content Polling?
Most plugins work based on component integration events (triggers). If an Event is fired (e.g. a photo upload or a new article event), the content item notification is received by the plugin and a new social message is processed to the social networks. This is a Push mechanism.
On the other hand, there are cases where no Events are fired (an RSS Importer, adding new articles), or you can have previous content already created (before AutoTweet installation) to publish.
If you have content, not integrated via Joomla! events, Content Polling checks the database tables to detect new content items. This is Pull mechanism.
Right now, Joomla! Content plugin, K2 plugin and Ohanah plugin support content polling.
I would like to publish also when I make changes to an article, not only when I make a new one, how is that possible?
By default, only new content items are processed and published. If you need to publish all modifications, you can enable it in the content integration plug-in. Please, visit Plugin Manager: Plugins, browse to find the plug-in, for example, AutotweetContent, and enable Posting filter/ Process modifications.
On the other hand, Joocial has introduced Social Publish toolbar and editor button to define social publishing attributes at edition time. In this way, you can define if a new article has NOT to be published or if a modification HAS to be published.
Finally, Social Publish has a general option to define if it must be forced for every case to either Yes or No (otherwise, requests are generated based on the general plugin definitions).
How can content be republished?
Republish Requests or Posts
The oldest trick is to manually schedule and change the state of a Request or Post to reprocessed as a new one.
- A Request can be moved back to Processed = No.
- A Post can be moved to Waiting or Pending, and manually "Publish" it.
These are the simplest way to play with the processing queues. However, there are move options for better content management. Please, review the following options.
Content items published on modification
If you have old articles to publish, you can enable the Process modifications setting and save the article to update the modification date. In this way, the article is forced to be published.
Force manual republication of a specific content item
Additionally, Joocial provides a simple way, based on the Post Management tool, to select Post This=Yes and publish a new message.
Finally, Post Management has a general option to define if it must be forced for every case to either Yes or No (otherwise, requests are generated based on the general plugin definitions).
Republication of a content items batch
Both solutions work for single content items to be published. However, they are not efficient to process a great number of content items. For this case, Post old articles (only once) is available, as an advanced setting, at plugin level. It allows processing several articles after a certain Date of first article (yyyy-mm-dd).
'Post old articles' requires 'Content Polling', please enable it to discover new content with a polling query. Additionally, if articles have been modified, activate 'Posting Filter/Process modifications' setting to include them. Once the batch is processed, it can be disabled.
Definition of an evergreen strategy to republish content in a periodic way
Finally, Joocial introduces the concept of Evergreen content items to allow the publication, in a repetitive way, to support a longer content life cycle.
I want to customize Plugin sources, how can it be done?
You can redefine plugin names (sources) in language files. For instance, our Composer plugin 'autotweetpost' is renamed in this way:
I need to publish posts from old articles
Q: How can I publish posts from old articles?
A: In AutoTweetNG, if the article was already processed, and you can locate a Request, you can move the Request back to the unprocessed state. You can access Requests in the Requests list, click in the Processed=No filter. Then, you can move back the Request to the unprocessed state.
On the other hand, if you want to publish specific articles, you can enable Posting filter / * ** Process modifications=YES*, at "System - AutotweetContent" plug-in level, and simply save the article.
In addition, if you want to process a set of old articles by date only once, you can select a specific date at "System - AutotweetContent" plug-in level, and enable *Advanced Options / * Post old articles=YES and select Date of first article.
In Joocial, to solve this usage case with an interactive tool, the Message Management allows selecting if an article has to be published, Post This=YES. It provides advanced features for Post Scheduling, where you can also define a publishing Agenda, Repeats, Evergreen Posts, select the image or specify publishing channels.
Finally, Message Management has a general option to define if it must be forced for every case to either Yes or No (otherwise, requests are generated based on the general plugin definitions).
We would like to schedule tweets with a custom text and a link to a page. Is it possible?
Yes, you can schedule any number of messages, from Joomla! Article Manager or from Social Composer. In addition, with Joocial, you have options to define an agenda of repeats or evergreen messages. https://www.extly.com/content-management/features.html
There are two alternatives:
- AutoTweetNG is mainly oriented for unassisted auto-posting, you just keep using Joomla! as usual, creating articles or other content items.
- On the other hand, Joocial has all AutoTweet's features plus advanced features for social management. For instance, Joocial has a "publishing agenda" to repeat Posts, or "working hours" to define when your audience is online. In a real life scenario, a publisher can create a new content item and define the social impact, associating media attributes.
If you are looking for more than simply auto-publish into social channels, we recommend Joocial for social content management.
Is it possible to use scheduling with content items?
Joocial has two main tools for scheduling:
- Post Management: It is integrated on certain extensions At this time, it is available for Joomla! Content, EasyBlog, FlexiContent, K2 and ZOO. This is the Post Management dialog
- Composer: A content request can be edited at any time to add an agenda, repeats and evergreen attributes. This is the Composer, where requests can be edited to define scheduling still.
- Composer App: our brand new mobile app allows scheduling a request in the same way than the native Joomla! interface. This is the Composer App
Can I schedule posts to be published the next day in a certain time?
- Joocial has virtual manager working hours, where you can define for example Monday-Friday 11-14hs.
- Additionally, you can define a Cron job task frequency to deliver posts every X minutes
I have 900 articles; I want to run a routine to auto tweet all of them, how?
Joocial is the right tool for you. It has several advanced scheduling features.
Particularly, evergreen messages allow to re-publish posts, following a strategy.
You can define evergreens one by one, or follow this recipe in a big batch process:
How can I define evergreen posts?
These are the steps to create evergreen content items (visit each link to access tutorial slides):
- Define an evergreen message
- Check the new evergreen message
- Define the delivery frequency "Evergreen Strategy"
- Test a case, and wait until the Post is published according to the defined social strategy
If I choose Random in evergreen strategy, do I have to set frequency?
Frequency defines when Joocial is going to check and publish a new post. Yes, a frequency must be defined. Also, "Working hours" can be adjusted to reduce the publishing window.
To configure the publishing window, you can define "0,20 8 * * *" and it will publish only two random posts at 8:00 and 8:20.
Otherwise, Joocial will publish at maximum frequency.
Do I have to adjust "Advanced options/Interval in seconds"?
No, this is an internal parameter to adjust the general polling window. We do not recommend to modify it. Always, customize the Frequency parameter.
Does evergreen frequency override Automator plugin or Cron job task?
No, they are unrelated. Evergreen frequency defines when posts are generated. Automator plugin or Cron job task are execution methods, working on a lower level.
Rule to add static text.
Q: How to publish articles from certain categories to display in the format [static text][title][link]?
A: You can create rule for a particular category, adding in the Add Static Text tab:
- beginning of message
- Static text: TEST:
- By default, the link is added at the end of the message
Facebook Layouts Guide, how to publish Big Pictures
IMPORTANT: Nowadays, OpenGraph Tags plugins are a critical part of the image integration. Read more: https://www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/installation/open-graph-tags
From AutoTweet, Posts are submitted with information from the site. It is a content definition, not a layout definition; and no layout can be forced into Facebook.
From Facebook side, Posts are shown following certain design layouts and guidelines.
General Facebook Guidelines
Facebook accepts images at least 200px x 200px. However, to improve how posts are shown, there are several recommendations to comply with timeline layouts.
Facebook has recently updated timeline layouts. These are general rules of thumb:
- The aspect ratio is very specific: image widths need to be 1.91 times the height.
- For the News Feed, Facebook recommends thumbnail images of 400×209 pixels.
- Images that are smaller than these dimensions will be resized to either 154×154 or 90×90 pixels.
- On mobile, Facebook’s recommended image size is 560×292. Images smaller than this will be resized to 100×100 pixels.
Jon Loomer made some amazing graphics to show you what the right, new sizes are:
UPDATE: Facebook's How can I make sure that my photos display in the highest possible quality?
UPDATE Recommended image sizes: 720x375 px, 960x500 px and 2048x1068 px
If you are running K2, the powerful content extension for Joomla!, it automatically generates several image sizes from the original image. The System AutoTweet-K2 plug-in has a parameter to select the required image size. We recommend to publish the biggest available image; please test the plug-in setting that fits your needs.
Joocial has introduced Social Publish toolbar and editor button to define social publishing attributes at edition time. Particularly, it has an Image Chooser to select the perfect post image:
Joocial news feed example
In this example, both articles were published in Joocial news feed from Joomla RSS feed. In the snapshot, the first Post is shown in the wide format and the second Post is shown in the thumbnail format.
Publishing with a Facebook channel to our Extly Community page, we have these examples:
Case 1 - Article with a Big Image (675px x 1500px)
Case 2 - Article with an Icon
Case 3 - Article with no image, AutoTweetNG added a default image
Case 4 - Forum Post with no Image, and no default image; Facebook loaded an image from home
Case 5 - Article with a Big Image (675px x 1500px)
Joocial Open Graph user actions support
In AutoTweetNG Joocial v7.2, or superior, we've just released support for User Generated Photo for User Profile Channels. With this new feature, a channel can specify if the photo was user generated to request a higher priority:
According to Facebook documentation:
With an increasing number of people having access to cameras on their mobile devices, there is a growing need to be able to share those photos in Open Graph stories. Photo-generating apps can utilize the user_generated photos capability to enhance these stories with a larger display in news feeds and on timelines.
Open Graph features for Users must be approved by Facebook and must comply with Platform Policy 2.3.
Facebook Policy for non-developer users of Your Facebook App has several guidelines for User Channels: Messages must be user-generated, and exactly contain what user entered. Messages must not contain Pre-Filled Content. No default texts. No appended text, links or hashtags.
Facebook Posts are only visible to my friends, how can it be changed?
"App visibility and post audience" was defined along App authorization, you can change it in your Facebook Settings / Apps or perform Facebook Channel Re-Authorization.
Facebook Account Settings / Apps - App visibility and post audience
Facebook Channel Re-Authorization Step - App visibility and post audience
Facebook Post, How to customize text fields
A Facebook Post have several text fields:
- About message: it is created from the original content title in several steps. For example, if you create an article, the message is initialized with the article title by AutoTweetContent plug-in. The plug-in can add hashtags, words, or categories to enrich the message. In a second step, after the request is received, a rule can further change the message. For example, replacing words. Finally, the message is delivered as a new Channel Post.
In addition, some integration plug-ins (for record-oriented extensions, namely Cobalt CCK, Fabrik, etc.) have a message template to create the initial message on named fields.
To sum up, you can modify the message in plug-in configuration or by adding new rules.
About title: it is published with no modification.
About post description: Below the Post title, an optional field can introduce a text snippet. By default, it is initialized with the first paragraph of the article text.
To create a perfect Post, Joocial provides "Post Management" dialog to customize Posts at edition time.
In Facebook, the title of the article appears twice in the post, why?
Facebook Posts have more mandatory/optional fields than the rest of social networks. Particularly, message and description are mandatory. Joocial fills both fields with the available information. Both fields are based on the title, but a message can have static texts, hashtags, keywords, etc. to enhance it and add a context.
In Facebook, an automated post has lower reach than a manual post, why?
Facebook has been improving its algorithms, a.k.a. EdgeRank, to show the right content to the right people at the right time.
In general, manual posts are created with care. When you find something cool to your audience, you share it. For instance, you pick an amazing photo related with a product and publish it. Additionally, manual posts are usually published when your users are online. On the other hand, auto-posting could be just ... automated.
We recommend you to study your audience and auto-publish with the same criteria than you create manual posts. Tips for high quality content to increase engagement:
- Only create Posts with recommended Photo sizes (and increase photo quality).
- Restrict Virtual Manager working hours to match your audience.
- Do not auto-publish everything. You know what is hot.
- Work based on campaigns. For example, in summer, only publish about "Air conditioning".
- Filter by the right keywords for your audience. Google Search, Analytics or Adwords can give you more ideas to build engagement.
- Avoid spamming keywords "SALE", "Click here", etc. Facebook reads your posts. Do not ask for engagement.
According to people we surveyed, there are some consistent traits that make organic posts feel too promotional:
- Posts that solely push people to buy a product or install an app
- Posts that push people to enter promotions and sweepstakes with no real context
- Posts that reuse the same content from ads
Finally, "Boost Post", every once in a while, a boost on Posts can increase user reach. If you have boosted manual posts, it may be a clue about why they do not have the same reach. Total Reach = Organic reach + Paid reach https://moz.com/blog/facebook-algorithm-change
Examples of Page posts "too promotional" - Do not ask for engagement
Facebook articles about News Feed to increase engagement
- Make Facebook's Algorithm Change Work For You, Not Against You
- News Feed FYI: Helping You Find More News to Talk About
- News Feed FYI: A Window Into News Feed
- News Feed FYI: Showing More High Quality Content
- An Update to News Feed: What it Means for Businesses
- Facebook Changes Its Algorithm to Weed Out Lazy Auto-Posting
Is Facebook biased against posts originating outside the platform?
Many accounts (e.g. games and mobile apps) work only on Facebook API, with no alternative way to publish. We have no confirmation that Facebook algorithms are biased.
On the other hand, it is probable that API posts have to build up their own relevance. They do not inherit the same priority than manual posts (and they do not lower manual posts priority).
What control does an AutoTweet user have over text on Facebook Fan Page and Profile Page posts originated from Joomla! articles?
Facebook posts have a fixed layout. Facebook layout includes:
- Title, the post main message (mandatory)
- Link (optional)
- Description (optional)
- Image (optional)
- Description (optional)
The post title is the main message that it is composed in Joocial to include several elements. It is based on the content item title + short URL. It can include additional hashtags, static texts, categories, etc. For instance, field-based extensions (like K2, Seblod, among others) have a message template to include specific fields.
The composed message is shared to all social channels and adjusted according to the allowed space.
Concerning to Facebook's Description, it is defined to include all article text and adjusted according to the allowed space. In certain plugins, if there is no additional text, it includes the original title.
Following the previous details, by default, a Facebook Post is created from title, introtext and fulltext.
These posts are created based on our experience applied to the most common usage scenario. If you need to customize how it works, you can create a new AutoTweetContent plugin for your site and change how fields are defined.
Additionally, Joomla! 3.6 (or 3.7) is going to include dynamic fields in articles, so a new plugin will support them and add also message templating for Joomla! articles.
Restrictions are only oriented to create an optimized post. For instance, posts are based on short titles to have better engagement and description is based on introtext + fulltext.
How can Posts be published in sequence?
To publish Posts in sequence, we usually restrict the numbers of Posts to be processed to 1.
- In Cron job mode: AutoTweet Control Panel/Options, Cron job mode, Max. no. of posts=1
- In PageLoad mode: in "System - AutotweetAutomator" plugin, General settings, Max. no. of posts=1
Furthermore, we also frequently restrict the publishing activity to certain working hours. For instance, only running the Cron job task every 20 minutes, Monday-Friday, 9-18hs; or in Joocial with the Virtual Manager working hours definition.
Is there a way of limiting or increase the number of daily messages?
At System - AutotweetAutomator, you can define Max. no. of posts and Interval in seconds (by default, 180 seconds). However, you can change it to any number, for instance, 1 post every hour (3600 seconds).
In addition, AutoTweetNG Pro allows more control by running the Cron job task according to a frequency expression.
Finally, Joocial provides several options to define when Posts are published. For instance, the Virtual Manager feature allows defining the working hours.
Large font size in Twitter tweet
Q: How can I control the font size of a post being sent out or just have a normal size font?
A: From Joomla! and AutoTweet side, there is a content definition submitted to social networks. Twitter shows it according to its current style guidelines. In general, all social networks choose how to show messages according to internal practices to improve the user experience, and there is no way to impose a style.
How to delay Posts while content is still being edited?
By default, AutoTweet waits 60 seconds, but you can increase it to add more time in Minimum requests polling delay. You can modify it here: Control Panel/Options/Advanced/ Minimum requests polling delay (seconds).
How can a static text be added to all posts?
There are mainly two ways to implement this:
- At integration plugin level, for instance in "System - AutotweetContent" plugin, in Message options/ Static Text Source = Custom Static Text and finally the text in Custom Static Text field. Additionally, the text position can be defined in Static Text Position.
- For more flexibility, a rule can be created to achieve the same customization: Rule to add static text
To clean up a bit, can I safely clean up the posts table with 'Purge'?
A purge removes all requests and posts. We recommend performing a purge when there are no waiting requests or posts.
For consistency, it does not remove Evergreen requests. They must be manually removed from the Evergreen list first.
How can I check the app permissions?
Check the permissions for the AutoTweet app:
- Select "Accounts" menu / "Privacy Settings".
- Click on "Edit your settings" for "Applications and websites" (bottom left).
- Click on the application name.
What are the benefits of a "Use Your Own App=Yes, with Canvas Page" mode?
From AutoTweet view, there are no additional features enabled with "Use Your Own App=Yes, with Canvas Page". Both authorization modes provide the same publication permissions.
The Canvas Page option is provided as a guide to develop and integrate complex Facebook Apps.
Google Blogger - What are the steps to authorize the channel?
- Ref: Error: invalid_request Missing required parameter: client_id
- Ref: Joocial - Publishing to Google Blogger (Slides)
- You have to access the Developers Console: https://developers.google.com/console
- Create a Project
- In a Project, you have to enable:
- Google Blogger API https://docs.google.com/a/extly.com/presentation/d/11QghZ-1tRqEobyMkxWTUPaiWfQFHjPL71ZFzC30TNy0/edit#slide=id.g177390462_026
- Create a "Client ID for web application" https://docs.google.com/a/extly.com/presentation/d/11QghZ-1tRqEobyMkxWTUPaiWfQFHjPL71ZFzC30TNy0/edit#slide=id.g27574ec03_11
- Create a "Key for browser applications" https://docs.google.com/a/extly.com/presentation/d/11QghZ-1tRqEobyMkxWTUPaiWfQFHjPL71ZFzC30TNy0/edit#slide=id.g177390462_06
- Configure the "Consent screen" https://docs.google.com/a/extly.com/presentation/d/11QghZ-1tRqEobyMkxWTUPaiWfQFHjPL71ZFzC30TNy0/edit#slide=id.g177390462_049
- Create a Google Blogger channel
- Assign a name
- Assign Client ID
- Assign Client Secret
- Assign API Key
- Click on Step 1 - Authorize
- Accept permissions dialogs. After the authorization, you are redirected back to the channel and a new access token is shown.
- Validate and save
- Test a message with new channel
Why does AutoTweet not publish to X Social Network?
We are constantly adding new features and channels to support new Social Networks.
However, some Social Networks do not provide a publishing API to create posts from an external website. For instance, Pinterest or Instagram are currently focused on mobile devices.
There are scripting solutions based on "unofficial" libraries or "hacks". These "workarounds" can stop working without notice. Since there is no official API, workarounds impersonate a user to send a Post. These operations are explicitly forbidden by Social Networks Terms of Service. For instance, instead of implementing an API Token, a "hack" may ask the account password (weak security) to send information. We follow the safest path to provide a stable product. Our extensions work based on official Social Networks APIs.
If you want to propose a new Social Network channels, please contact us to check the support status.
Social posts are Ok, but I need to customize articles submitted via Email, Blogger and Tumblr
Advanced templating is possible with a regular layout override. Each content channel has its own layout. Please, check the following files:
For example, these files have to be copied and modified to into these directories to create layout overrides:
If you are running in Cron job mode, there is no defined template context to create a layout override, then a different override method has to be implemented. You can create a new layout view override specific for your Joomla! version. For instance, you can duplicate mailchannel-post.php and rename it as mailchannel-post.j3.php. This method also works in Page Load mode.
What steps are necessary to publish posts to Company Pages?
By default, LinkedIn only authorizes post publishing to personal profiles.
LinkedIn now requires an organisation review to approve apps for company page publishing.
Manage Company Pages: These APIs are being merged into the LinkedIn Marketing Developer Program and access will be restricted to those participating developers, as part of our long-term effort to provide expanded support and a better experience for marketing partners.
For more information: LinkedIn Marketing Developer Program.
If you have not requested the review, then you can only create linkedin personal channels.
Concerning to Linkedin group for Partners - LinkedIn API Terms change
On May 12, 2015, LinkedIn changed the API availability terms. Only Profile, Share and Companies APIs remain available for general use.
Any other API services (e.g. Connections, Groups, People Search, Invitation, Job Search, etc.) are restricted to "relevant Partners". To apply for a Partner program: https://developer.linkedin.com/partner-programs
Until now, we have confirmed that the change is just a way to close the access and there are no new "relevant Partners". You can freely apply to the Partner Program. If you are accepted, we will be glad review the channel compatibility for the updated API.
Does LinkedIn have a Sandbox for testing?
Unfortunately, LinkedIn does not have a testing sandbox. Then, you must configure a second set of assets for testing. You can test the procedure for post creation and publish real posts, and they are going to be live on the test account.
On the other hand, Facebook has its own way to create a full sandbox to test settings, and posts are going to be shown only to the development team.
Mail Channel, how to send posts to a mailing list?
The mail channel allows to simply send posts to an email recipient.
The extension does not implement mailing list management. We recommend integrating any popular package. For instance, many hosting providers have mailman in CPanel. Alternatively, you can create a Google group or an internal mailing list in your mail service.
How can I make trackback target frame open in iframe?
Articles imported from a RSS Feed are created on this view: administrator/components/com_autotweet/views/feedarticle/tmpl/default.php.
You can create a view override and customize how the link is inserted in the article.
All the links were going though as English, why?
There are several ways to configure multilingual auto-publishing. By default, content is published in the main language.
You can configure to publish different method in "Options/ Advanced/ Language management".
- Define language tag by content: for extensions where content is tagged in a specific language (e.g. Joomla! articles), links will have dynamically the associated language parameter. Not available for all extensions.
- Remove language from URL URLs will not have any forced language parameter. Language parameter will be solved by Joomla!.
- Define language tag with default: URL language parameter will be forced to the defined language. Select the language from the list.
Can I use joocial to post on multiple Facebook users accounts?
Yes, you can create multiple Facebook user channels and you can create a Facebook App and assign it to your channels; or a Facebook App for each channel.
When you use something like Hootsuite says "Via HootSuite", can it be customized?
Yes, when you work with your own App, you can customize the title.
Can I define my own post images and repeat Posts with an agenda? I had a problem with another service
Yes, you can publish with local Joomla! images or external images (by Url). Also, you can define how to repeat or schedule your Posts. Finally, you can define a set of "evergreens" to fill channels if there is nothing else. Posts are republished in the same way than the original Post.
I am building a multi-vendor site using the VM Vendor extension in Virtuemart. Can Joocial auto publish each vendor's products to social vendor accounts?
Yes, Joocial has the required features to implement Content routing. The main difference is how users are associated with a Facebook App. If users are your Facebook friends and assigned to the App Team, then you can simply create the routing rules and ask vendors to authorize channels as part of the Facebook App Management team.
What is the main difference between AutoTweetNG and Joocial?
AutoTweet is mainly oriented for unassisted auto-posting. You just keep using Joomla as usual, creating articles or other content items.
On the other hand, Joocial has all AutoTweet's features plus advanced features for social management. For instance, Joocial has a "publishing agenda" to repeat Posts, or "working hours" to define when your audience is online. In a real life scenario, a publisher can create a new content item and define the social impact, associating media attributes.
Finally, Joocial + Composer App is the ultimate social media solution for Joomla!. It brings all features for auto-posting, social publishing (agendas, evergreens, scheduling, etc.) and an innovative mobile application, the Composer App. Composer App integrates Joomla! posts with all mobile social channels, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, WhatsApp (or any other application ).
Is it possible to download Composer Android app with source code?
We are distributing our apps as open source packages for PhoneGap, AngularJS and Ionic framework.
Mobile apps are different than our usual Joomla! extensions. Thus, to accommodate the new packages, we are publishing a new space to distribute mobile apps packages (starters) and a new support service for mobile apps development.
How to backup/restore data and settings
You can backup and restore AutoTweet moving all the #__autotweet tables. Please, remember to update to the latest version, before moving the tables (to be sure that you are moving the tables between the same extension version).
Additionally, if you have customized the global Options (since these settings are stored in Joomla), you must manually reconfigure them. In general, only the cron job configuration is saved in the Options button.
How to approve a Post in Autopublish=No mode?
If Autopublish=No mode is enabled, messages are going to wait as pending Posts until you manually approve them.
To approve them, you can find, in the Posts view toolbar, a menu item Publish. Please, select a pending Post to be approved, and click on the Publish.
Why published URLs are not SEF enabled? Or, they are redirecting to the Home
AutoTweet supports automatically SEF URLs based on Joomla! SEF or other SEF extensions (e.g. sh404sef or JoomSEF). Thus, firstly, please check if you have enabled Joomla! SEF support, review:
- the original URL,
- the shortened URL, and
- the resulting URL.
AutoTweet works sending a SEF query to the front-end site to solve the non-SEF URL and generate the SEF URL. If your web server has any security restriction (e.g. mod_security), blocking the front-end query from the back-end site, AutoTweet publishes the non-SEF URL. Please, check your security configuration.
If these general tips do not solve the issue, please try to enable the logging mode to inspect the internal processing.
In any case, if you cannot solve the case, please, send us the logged file to our support service to review it.
How can a label or a message be translated or modified?
To change a label or a message, even if you have a single language in your site, you can access Joomla! Language Manager (Extensions / Language Manager), search for a text, and redefine it creating a new Override.
How can a view be modified?
One of the greatest Joomla! features is the ability to override any view in the front-end or back-end site to allow customization. In this way, you can change a component or module output. You can add/edit the view template, and create a new view override.
What domains or external URLs are used and needed by AutoTweet?
AutoTweet needs access to some domains/URLs to work:
- "twitter.com" (https://api.twitter.com/ AND https://twitter.com) for posting to Twitter.
- "facebook.com" for posting to Facebook (pro version).
- "api.linkedin.com" (https://api.linkedin.com AND https://api.linkedin.com) for posting to LinkedIn.
- "bit.ly", "is.gd", "tinyurl.com", "goo.gl" and/or to your Yourls instance for short url service.
- "extly.com" for automatic version checks (the component checks for new versions on the server).
It is possible that your provider has restricted access to one or all of these URLs or that some firewall rules conflict with the access to these URLs. Also, it is possible that CURL access is restricted on your host. If you have problems accessing these URLs or connectivity problems, please contact your administrator and/or hosting provider support.
What happens to the extension after my membership ends?
Q: Will the component on my website stop working after my membership ends?
- Usage license will never expire. You can use the software FOREVER.
- Unlimited sites or domains.
- During the subscription period, you can download new versions, with major features and minor fixes/enhancements, or request assistance in our ticketing system. Once the subscription is over, you can renew it, or create a new topic in the community forum.
- You can use the software on ALL YOUR sites under the terms of GPLv3.
- No part of our source code is encoded.
From Free to Pro or Joocial
Upgrading from AutoTweetNG, either Free or Pro, to AutoTweetNG Pro or Joocial is by no means different than installing the component. You do not have to uninstall the previous version; in fact, you MUST NOT do that. Simply follow the installation instructions to install AutoTweetNG Pro or Joocial over the existing AutoTweet installation. That's all! All your settings are preserved.
Is it possible to add social buttons to an article?
AutoTweet and Joocial are focused on being the best social management solution.
In this case, there are many great plugins implementing this feature in several alternative ways. Thus, we have opted to focus our efforts where we can provide our greater impact.