Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Problems with new Facebook authorization

More
5 years 4 months ago #5401 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Re: [SOLVED] Re: Problems with new Facebook APP
@anhel: Do you also remember what version you had before the update? Can you send me a PMS with an backend admin account that I can have a look on this (My problem is, that I can't reproduce the problem on my own test server)?

@all: Is there anyone else with the same or similar problem ("Error saving channel data: Can not store Channel data") with the Joomla 2.5 version? Or is this problem only with AutoTWeet for Joomla 1.5?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5406 by anhel
anhel replied the topic: Re: [SOLVED] Re: Problems with new Facebook APP
The old version was.

AutoTweet-Component 3.15
Automator-Plugin 2.2
Content-Extension 4.6

But It works now, I desinstalled and installed again.

:D

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by anhel.
More
5 years 4 months ago #5407 by GoremanX
GoremanX replied the topic: Re: Problems with new Facebook authorization
GAH! I don't understand what it is I'm supposed to be doing! What does this mean?

You must do a new authorization for the Facebook account and copy/paste the displayed (new) token into the field in the dialog.

I've been using my own app for over a year. The authorization for the app has been valid this whole time. How am I supposed to get a "new" authorization?

This whole Facebook process is so confusing! All these different "tokens" and "IDs" and "names" with no clear explanation on how to find them all. The documentation makes me want to rip my hair out!
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5410 by XOOMSERVE
XOOMSERVE replied the topic: Re: Problems with new Facebook authorization
GoremanX wrote:

GAH! I don't understand what it is I'm supposed to be doing! What does this mean?

You must do a new authorization for the Facebook account and copy/paste the displayed (new) token into the field in the dialog.

I've been using my own app for over a year. The authorization for the app has been valid this whole time. How am I supposed to get a "new" authorization?

This whole Facebook process is so confusing! All these different "tokens" and "IDs" and "names" with no clear explanation on how to find them all. The documentation makes me want to rip my hair out![/color]

The best thing to do is:
1- From your administrator panel open AutoTweet>>Channels
2- Top right menu click Facebook Accounts
3- Edit your Old Facebook Accounts
4- Use own app= On
5- Be sure your Facebook App settings are OK [App ID, App secret code, Facebook canvas url]
6- Save
7- Click Authorize application
8- Copy new token
9- Paste to your User Token
10- Save
11- Enjoy ;)

Please note:
If you will use default Facebook application you need to:
1- Use own app= Off
2- Save
3- Click Authorize application
4- Copy new token
5- Paste to your User Token
6- Save

Reason is:
1- Now the the default FB App User Token for is different of your private FB App User Token
2- So every time you need to active FB App or Default App you should repeat steps 1-6 above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
XOOMSERVE
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by XOOMSERVE.
More
5 years 4 months ago #5413 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Re: [SOLVED] Re: Problems with new Facebook APP

The old version was.

AutoTweet-Component 3.15
Automator-Plugin 2.2
Content-Extension 4.6

But It works now, I desinstalled and installed again.

@anhel and all other with the "Error saving channel data" problem:

It seems that this problem is comming up only if you upgrade from an very old released (< 4.0). So please uninstall and reinstall AutoTweet in that case.
More
5 years 4 months ago #5415 by GoremanX
GoremanX replied the topic: Re: Problems with new Facebook authorization

xoomserve wrote:
The best thing to do is:
1- From your administrator panel open AutoTweet>>Channels
2- Top right menu click Facebook Accounts
3- Edit your Old Facebook Accounts
4- Use own app= On
5- Be sure your Facebook App settings are OK [App ID, App secret code, Facebook canvas url]
6- Save
7- Click Authorize application
8- Copy new token

I don't get a new token. I get the same old token I've always gotten by following these directions. In fact, the Facebook page I get when I try to authorize is:

You have allready authorized the application and granted the needed permissions. Please enable now the Facebook channel in AutoTweet NG Pro component backend and enter the displayed id and token for your profile, app, page, group or event.

Then, when I go to the list of Channels in the AutoTweet backend, and I select the Facebook account I just setup, I get the same error message as before for the list of Facebook Channels:

"Error: 0(GraphMethodException: Unsupported get request.)"

I've gone through this process a hundred times, and I get the same result every time. I don't understand this whole thing about getting a "new" authorization. How do I get rid of the OLD authorization?!?
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now