Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Need Help Creating Basic Facebook App

More
5 years 4 months ago #5442 by Dave Irving
Dave Irving created the topic: Need Help Creating Basic Facebook App
Hey guys, I need some extreme help in setting up Facebook App. It appears it has got a lot more difficult since I set one up 3 years ago. This whole canvas page thing really has my mind in a twist. We used to be able to set authorization without one. Doesn't seem so anymore. This is all I want: I want for autotweet to post directly. So I need to authorize that app to allow my site to make posts directly. I also want to use the same app for people to log onto my site directly with facebook through JomSocial. Any ideas? Not sure how to get it started!
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #5445 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Need Help Creating Basic Facebook App
Hi,

you can't use the same app for AutoTWeet and other things, because the AutoTweet app needs special options. See here: www.extly.com/autotweet-faq/250-tips-and...wn-facebook-app.html

Ulli
More
5 years 4 months ago #5447 by Dave Irving
Dave Irving replied the topic: Need Help Creating Basic Facebook App
Are those Canvas Page URLS going to stay the same since you guys moved? If not...how can we make our own API and host it?
More
5 years 4 months ago #5448 by Dave Irving
Also, used the above FAQ's. Not sure if it is working correctly. When trying to authorize it, it goes through permissions..but then redirects back to facebook and the page keeps reloading and reloading and reloading. Really weird. Any ideas. Here are my settings.

By the way, you may want to change the FAQ for the facebook advanced settings. It doesn't match up at all. Here is a pic of the advanced options:

More
5 years 4 months ago #5449 by Dave Irving
Also, how do I get my own app to post only to my website facebook page. I don't want it making posts to my personal page. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my own app working.
More
5 years 4 months ago #5451 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Need Help Creating Basic Facebook App

Are those Canvas Page URLS going to stay the same since you guys moved?

No, there are no changes. App and URLs are same.

IMO you have problems to understand some basic things, so please read again the documentation.
  • The app has nothing to do with the fact if you will post to your profile, page or both. You can use the same app for both.
  • If you will post to your page, please create a channel and select the page from the list in the channel dialog. (Before you can do this, you have to create a Facebook account as descrobed in the docu) --> This has changed with the latest release: You have now a connection to Facebook for your account and you can select the profile, pages etc. for the account ion the channel dialog.
  • If you will post to the page AND your profile you have to crate 2 channels (one for the page, one for the profile).

Regarding the app config: Maybe you have entered the wrong canvas URL in the channel dialog in AutoTweet backend. The canvas URL starts with "https" (not http) and should end with a "/".So you URL is:
https://apps.facebook.com/skulshockapp/
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now