Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Twitter and Facebook account problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #5475 by Viktor Sátor
Viktor Sátor created the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
Hello,

I'm not sure weather i'm writing my bug report to the right place but i hope you'll not take it personally. :) I'm struggling with few things at the moment...

I purchased Autotweet NG pro today and after installation everything seemed fine... After i granted the permissons i got greens in the message log for facebook post, but i couldn't find any of the posts on my facebook walls. And besides that i got an error 200 for my twitter account. (After some time i realized that was probably due to that curl was disabled on the server today I enabled it.) So that was the time when i got the idea to reinstall everything ... So removed the application from my facebook and from my joomla site and installed a newer version. After that i couldnt reconnect with facebook anymore and even though i pressed the "Authorize application and grant permissions" button and granted the needed permissons i only got "Permissions publish_stream,manage_pages,user_events,user_groups,create_event not granted." as a result.

I hope you can help me figure out the solution...

Joomla version is: Joomla! 2.5.1
the first verson of Autotweet free: 3.0
the NG Pro i used to reinstall it: 3.2
PHP Version 5.3.15

Hope to hear you from soon,
Viktor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5476 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
Hi Victor,

Please, upgrade to the last version, and let us know if you have any question.

www.extly.com/blog/22-latest-news/285-re...totweet-support.html

This article provides recommended upgrade resources related to AutoTweet and Facebook support.

Facebook has changed the authentication process for Apps. Offline_access is deprecated and now Apps must use "long-lived access tokens" instead).

Facebook - Removal of offline_access permission: The offline_access permission is deprecated and will be removed October 3rd, 2012.

Before October 3rd, 2012, you have to upgrade AutoTweet; please, update as soon as possible to avoid any service disruption.

AutoTweet NG authorization process is already migrated and takes the new long-lived access tokens since release AutoTweet NG Pro 5.10 for new channels/accounts. Also, AutoTweet NG PRO 4.12 - Joomla 1.5 and AutoTweet Free has upgrades to support the new "long-lived access tokens".

More information about the required steps: Documentation / Add Facebook, FacebookLink or FacebookEvent channel

Regards,
Support Team
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Support Team.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5477 by Viktor Sátor
Viktor Sátor replied the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
oh, i already used the latest version (5.1) ... I picked the version number from the package xml at first... So the problem still exists.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5478 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
Hi,

maybe your problem has to do with the fact that you have allready added the app to your Facebook-Account and granted the permission at the first time. And now - after reinstalling - Facebook is in some kind of deadlock (It sends you to the page with the token without showing the permissions dialog). - Facebook is a crazy place sometimes. ;-)

Please try this:
  • Login to your Facebook Account and remove the App from your Account (and Pages if needed): Acocunt Settings / Apps
  • Logout from Facebook. Close your Bwowser (to fisnish the session and clear the session cache).
  • Login to your Joomla Backend and open the AutoTweet Dialog for the Facebook Account.
  • If there is allready a Token inserted, delete the Token data from the field and press "Save". Please check also the App data (if you use your own app).
  • Reopen the dialog and press "Authorize". After logging in to Facebook, the permissions dialog etc. should appear.

Regards
Ulli

More
5 years 4 months ago #5479 by Viktor Sátor
Viktor Sátor replied the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
Hello,

Well this still didn't solve anything. The permission dialog on facebook appears and i accept everything and it still says in joomla that the permissions are still not granted. (In facebook i reached the final stage where it says that "You have allready authorized the application and granted the needed permissions.")

So I'm looking forward for new ideas :)
Thx in advance,
Viktor

More
5 years 3 months ago #5480 by Ulli Storck
Ulli Storck replied the topic: Twitter and Facebook account problems
Please check the token: This looks like the Token entered in AutoTweet is not the same as for the permissions are granted. Check that you have entered the correct token.

If you are using your own app: Check that you have entered the correct data and check you app settings.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now