Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

facebook format and tiwtter format combined

More
5 years 2 months ago #5561 by jakobe75
jakobe75 created the topic: facebook format and tiwtter format combined
I love this addon, and will be purchasing in just a few minutes.

however I have a questions about the formatting of the facebook and twitter posts.

I have this working properly on my site..it is posting to FB and Twit just fine.

however....on facebook, it posts a title and a shorturl on top...and then below it posts an image from the article and an excerpt from the article.

but on Twitter it only posts the title and the url.

I know twitter is a shorter post...but why does the post that is formatted for Twitter appear above the image and story on the Facebook post?

its almost like the Facebook post is getting both formats..the post that it would normally display and then twitter's as well.

I attached a screenshot

I have tried modifing the settings in the plugin to show...
- title
- title and message
But all three options deliver the content ABOVE each post in Facebook. Basically the content that is designated for twitter...is being posted twice in the facebook posts.

I dont know exactly how to explain it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #5564 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: facebook format and tiwtter format combined
Hi,

If you disable the url showing (Show Url=Off) in the plug, it is not displayed.

If you need to customize it only for Facebook, you can create a rule for that.

Thanks,

More
5 years 2 months ago #5566 by jakobe75
jakobe75 replied the topic: facebook format and tiwtter format combined
can you give me an example of what rule(S) to use?

I need the url displayed...but only on twitter since it seems to be built into facebook at the bottom of the frame anyways. (you can see the urli the screenshot I sent earlier)

I want to post just as usual..I am not using any rules now, but I have looked them over.

I have about 10 categories I need to auto publish.

no special authoring or word rules.

so....

do I turn OFF the url in the plugin and then turn it ON for twitter in the rules?
-or-
do I turn it ON in the plugin and OFF in the Facebook rules?

This component is awesome..purchased last night...I prolly dont need the pro features, but wanted to show my support..you should charge double or triple for this.

RAISE YOUR PRICES..IT'S WORTH IT!

More
5 years 2 months ago #5567 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: facebook format and tiwtter format combined
Hi, Thank you very much!

The rules are more specific than the plugins. They override all plugin settings.

For example, if you want to customize the Content plugin, you can create one rule for "Content-Twitter channel", and the other for "Content-Facebook Channel" (not showing url, Show Url=Off).

Please, let me know if they work for you.

Regards,

More
5 years 2 months ago #5568 by jakobe75
Yeah I kinda figured it out.

I did add our own FB app just now.(btw...he documentation is outdated) a novice might get lost....however I was able to get it to work.

I still have the same issue on the Facebook posts.

It's not showing the url and I have it set to show the url on Twitter.

but on the facebook post its still showing the "message"
right now it's set to article title.

but it looks strange as the post on facebook, since shows the article title..or the article text or both (whatever we have it set to) and then repeats the article image and small text excerpt from the site..no matter what we select the data is repeated.

see attached

thanks.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #5569 by jakobe75
any suggestions on this issue yet?

also, I have some articles that wont publish. everything was working fine now it seems to be clogged up.

thanks

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now