Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..

More
5 years 2 days ago #5719 by Matteo Vicini
Matteo Vicini created the topic: J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..
Hi,
I'm trying AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 (free) and it is very cool.
I'm testing all its functions to see if it's ok for the website I'm working hard on for a friend and his society.
I keep having problems with URLs generation.
I enabled logs (to file too, but can't see which file are them saved to, the help speaks about an "article" but I see none) so if useful I can provide them somehow.
The problem is, mainly, with Joomla's SEF options and with front-end article editing.
I'm using:
  • activate sef urls
  • use apache's mod_rewrite to generate them
  • options.
    So I have urls like myhost.com/jupgrade/contacts or /jupgrade/category/article_title and so on. I tried all the options: compatibility, performance, route off, explicit url: everyone has a specific problem.

Let's try to dig into the main one, since I want to use sef links.
    1 ) If an editor adds an article with the front-end function at /jupgrade/new-article , link is translated in : jupgrade/new-article/3-news/newsflash/2055-altro-ancora this is ok for editors (it just shows the article!) but unable to be reached for the public (site asks the login directly).
    2 ) Using back-end, link is:
    /jupgrade/component/content/article/3-news/newsflash/2056-be-last
    which is, again, wrong, and allows viewing (don't ask me why) of the precise article but the /component/article/ part is strange and as far as I see creates some problems like sections in the navigator not showing up and so on.

Disabling routing works (from back-end only, fe has the same problem) if I set also the path as forced because it doesn't add the /jupgrade/ actual subfolder. Problem is Joomla does not translate it to the sef url even if enabled and I don't want to publish double urls for the same contents, I know you know what I mean :)

Many thanks!
    Regards,
    Matteo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    5 years 1 day ago #5721 by Support Team
    Support Team replied the topic: J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..
    Hi Matteo,

Are you manually creating the links and posting them?

If this is the link to article "jupgrade/new-article/3-news/newsflash/2055-altro-ancora", the access is managed by the access level. You must check if the article, or associated menu, has the right access level.

This links "/jupgrade/component/content/article/3-news/newsflash/2056-be-last" seems to be using the component routing when no menu is available.

Do you have a menu item for the Content?

Thanks,

More
    5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #5722 by Matteo Vicini
    Matteo Vicini replied the topic: J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..
    Hi, and thanks for answering.

Support Team wrote: Are you manually creating the links and posting them?

I'm not sure I understand your question, sorry. I tried testing the plugin creating articles, yes, manually, and then the plugin is set to publish them when approved manually. If you need to know something else just tell me.

Support Team wrote: If this is the link to article "jupgrade/new-article/3-news/newsflash/2055-altro-ancora", the access is managed by the access level. You must check if the article, or associated menu, has the right access level.

The articles I sent for testing had a public access level, the website is still not directly published so I can do this (it's on a reachable subdomain, temporarily). Menus have public access level.

Support Team wrote: This links "/jupgrade/component/content/article/3-news/newsflash/2056-be-last" seems to be using the component routing when no menu is available.

Do you have a menu item for the Content?

In this testing case, I was sending articles in a category that has NO menus directly associated. All the articles are supposed to be published in home directly. Some other article's categories have associated menus of the kind "category blog" mainly, or similar, and they still appear in home. How does this change the AutoTweetNG's behaviour? You're telling me it looks for an associated menu and sends the user into it? Great feature :) ...but when there's no menu the /component/content/article part should be avoided, shouldn't it?

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Matteo.
    Last Edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Matteo Vicini.

More
    5 years 1 day ago #5723 by Support Team
    Support Team replied the topic: J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..
    Matteo,

Sef is mainly controlled by the menu. So, in Url routing we have to check which is the associated menu item. If there's no menu, Joomla defaults to /component/xxx/ routing.

Thanks,

More
    5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #5724 by Matteo Vicini
    Matteo Vicini replied the topic: J! 2.5.8 & AutoTweetNG 6.3.3 - url with /compon..
    Hi,

let's see if I understand.
    You're telling me that is the way sef works, ok.
    Speaking about the AutoTweetNG's routing function, it will probably rely on some sort of response from the J!'s core, correct?
    What I still can't see is: why does Joomla open the article as:
    /jupgrade/3-news/newsflash/2056-be-last
    with all the menus / titles / modules / navigation of the home page (the only page that article can be seen from, is it from the "last articles" module (with the layout as it was in home) or from the home itself, I think this is the point)
    but we are obliged to be sent to the unwanted
    /jupgrade/component/content/article/3-news/newsflash/2056-be-last
    instead?

I can think your point could be that the plugin can't fall back to home when no menu is set for every user as it could not be what everyone wants. So we show a very generic page with nothing but the article content. Correct? Well, I'd have doubts this is what everyone wants but I can understand.

Now, there must be some sort of hack I can do here, if I got your point, can't I :) ?
    Do you have some hints?
    I think I will encourage them to buy the pro if this is solved, as this is a main point remaining as of now.

Thanks!

---edit---
    Little trying led to add
    $black_list = array("component/content/article/", "inserimento-articoli/");
    $sef_url = str_replace($black_list, "", $sef_url);
    before echo $sef_url; into autotweetsefrouter.php. Don't know if this is safe or not?
    Problem is it does it right with /component/.. but not with /inserimento-articoli, that is the "area" on the frontend used for sending articles...
    Last Edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Matteo Vicini.

More
    5 years 22 hours ago #5725 by Support Team
    Hi,

SEF uses any menu available to create the Url, even if it's not visible.

Sometimes you can create out-of-page menu items to fix specific Urls.

In general, we work with the standard SEF. I think It's safe if you apply the modification to work with the default case routing.

Thanks,
    Anibal
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Matteo Vicini

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
    Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now