Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

OAutException(#3)App must be on whitelist

More
4 years 11 months ago #5769 by Robban
Robban replied the topic: OAutException(#3)App must be on whitelist
This is confusing! Are you telling me not to use your own application???...

And why did it stop working sudently? That means that your own dev site doesn't work either ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #5770 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: OAutException(#3)App must be on whitelist
AutoTweetNG is a solution (extension) for Joomla.

Our Facebook App is for testing only. Since it's not in your site, it is not part of your site. We recommend to have your own app.

(We don't offer a Facebook App hosting service)

We are checking if it's a general issue, a new facebook requirement, or a temporal Facebook problem.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robban

More
4 years 11 months ago #5771 by Support Team
We've verified the issue. Facebook is reporting this error in general when we try to verify the app permissions /app_id/permissions.

But, the posts are delivered.

We are checking if it's a problem in the token verification or temporal Facebook bug.... or Facebook has changed how to verify permissions (if it's still allowed).

We are going to update the topic as soon as we have any news.

More
4 years 11 months ago #5772 by Support Team
We have already developed a patch to solve the verification issue. We are testing it in our sites.

If it's stable, we are releasing it in the next monday.

Meanwhile, we are double checking with Facebook if it has really changed the API in this way.

Thanks,

More
4 years 11 months ago #5773 by chenz2
chenz2 replied the topic: OAutException(#3)App must be on whitelist
I have same problem AND I have been using my own facebook app that you gave me. PLEASE tell us how to fix this. I am using Joomla 1.5.26. Everything has been going fine until today.

More
4 years 11 months ago #5774 by Support Team
The token validation message is not restricting the normal operation. Facebook has changed the permissions verification method (... it's working in a different way now...).

As we have no feedback from Facebook support, we are releasing the patch on Monday as v6.3.4 (Joomla 2.5).

For Joomla 1.5, we are not releasing a new versions. To patch your v4.12 installation, please, modify this file:

administrator/com_autotweet/helpers/channels/autotweetfacebookbase.php
Line: 78
// $perm_result = $this->getApiInstance()->api("/{$fb_id}/permissions", array( 'access_token' => $fb_token,));
$perm_result = $this->getApiInstance()->api("/YOUR_ACCOUNT_ID/permissions", array( 'access_token' => $fb_token,));

YOUR_USER_ID is your numeric user ID, already entered in the Facebook Account configuration.

Please, let us know if we can help you further.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now