Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

ATNG: How to post article after moving to category

More
4 years 10 months ago #5900 by Meta Wind
Meta Wind created the topic: ATNG: How to post article after moving to category
Hello,

I have a slightly specific needs due to articles workflow. Hope you can help.

Goal: I need to post to FB an article after it is moving to certain category.

Currently I create new article in "Uncategorised" category, edit it and after check out preview change category to "News" (for example) and this article shows at front page.

For working preview (Better Preview plugin) article has to be published so I use "Uncategorised" for prevent it to be showed at Front page.

In AutoTweetNG plugin settings:
Categories: News
Post modified: No

With these settings article is not going to ATNG because it is not new when moving to "News". It was new in Uncategorised but now it is modified. If I set "Post modified: Yes" then article will be republished each time after edit, which is not an option - I need it to be published only once when I put it to certain category.

So is it possible to post by ATNG article which is not new at all but new in particular category?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5901 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: ATNG: How to post article after moving to category
Hi,

I think the only issue in your configuration is when it posts the article every time you modify it.

To avoid a post for every minor change there's a "Time interval in hours" setting in the options. It allows to change when you consider it as a mayor change.. for example a week.

Thanks,

More
4 years 10 months ago #5905 by Meta Wind
Meta Wind replied the topic: ATNG: How to post article after moving to category
Hi,

Thank you for suggestion, I will try it.

In fact in most cases I need to save article just twice - once in Uncategorized and second final to News after a minute. So time interval is not a problem.

The reason I try to avoid "Post modified: Yes" is because even with filters I have some unwanted articles in ATNG message log. I have autopublish=off and after submitting article just go to the ATNG message log and manually approve what I need. The other unwanted articles is here too and If I delete them from message log, they reappearing again due to "Post modified: Yes" in "Time interval in hours" period.

It's not such a big problem to have unapproved unwanted articles in message log but there is some chance of suddenly press "Approve All" which will be disaster. :)

If there will be possible to explicitly "Denied" articles in message log (Denied button, like Approve), it would be useful in this case.

Regards,

More
4 years 10 months ago #5906 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: ATNG: How to post article after moving to category
Hi,

The new AutoTweetNG v6.4, has an option to cancel posts. B)

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now