Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

No tweet if front-end editor changed to published

More
4 years 9 months ago #5976 by Fritz Wagner
Fritz Wagner created the topic: No tweet if front-end editor changed to published
Hello!

I first posted this message earlier in the Pro section by mistake. My apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused.

I am a Newbie and I am just getting the feel of the software. I am very pleased with it so far. Your setup instructions for FaceBook and Twitter are crystal clear and the set up went smoothly. All the tweets have gone out flawlessly from the very beginning, except under one circumstance.

(I am using Joomla 2.5.8. Rochen is my host (The Joomla.org host) so PHP etc are the latest.) AutoTweetNG version is 6.3.5.

If I have an article set for front-end editor access instead of public access, and then, just before publication time, I switch it to public access, no tweet goes out on or after the publication time. But this doesn't always happen. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't!

I have no clue.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Best,

Fritz Wagner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #5977 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: No tweet if front-end editor changed to published
The usual publication workflow is to post the message when you create the article.

If the content is not published due restrictions when you create it, you should catch the event in the Plugin Filter "On Modification".

Have you tried to enabled the "On Modification" setting in the Content Plugin?

More
4 years 9 months ago #5979 by Fritz Wagner
Fritz Wagner replied the topic: No tweet if front-end editor changed to published
Hello!

Thanks for the very fast and helpful response!

I went back and figured out what happened.

There should have been five articles queued for publication. But there were only two.

At the time one of the three unqueued articles was loaded into the JCE editor, it was saved as "published" and "front-end editor." The publication date was back-dated so that it could be accessed in the front end. It never appeared in the queue.

(I have a Joomla problem since I moved from 1.5 to 2.5: I can't see not-yet-published articles in the front end even when logged in as superuser. Haven't figured out why. Use of "front-end editor is a work-around.)

The other two articles that did not appear in the queue were created in a peculiar way. I uploaded a 9000 word article into the JCE editor and saved it as "parts 1,2,3" and then corrected all the HTML problems. I then copied the article into two more editor windows and saved them as part 1 and part 2. Then I renamed the original whole article as part 3. (stripping the unwanted 2/3rds from the respective three parts.) This was supposed to save me a lot of HTML work. It did. But part 3 never appeared in the queue. Even though it was always published/public.

My solution was to copy the non-appearing articles into blank editing screens, save them, delete the originals, and clean up the SH404sef. The articles immediately appeared in the queue.

So, I recognize that I have created a unique hell for my exclusive enjoyment. Unlikely to be a problem for anyone else. :)

I also went into the DB as an experiment and renumbered one of the articles that did not appear from its original 1039 to a as-yet-unused 1052. Didn't work. Don't recommend it. I had some problems getting back into my backend, which may or may not have been related to the DB change, but was more likely due to the increasingly unpredictable FireFox browser.

So, I have thought about saying "yes" to the "On Modification" setting in the Content Plugin Posting Filter but have hesitated to do so because when an article runs to several thousand words, there is always a mistake or two that is caught after publication. I don't want to bother people with a repeat Tweet when it is the same article. On the other hand, I am told people don't notice or pay much attention to repeat tweets because they come and go so quickly. Of course facebook is a bit different since the results remain.

I would appreciate any suggestions in this area of allowing repeated tweets for merely correcting typos in a long article. Or anything else that I should be thinking about!

Best,

fwagner

More
4 years 9 months ago #5980 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: No tweet if front-end editor changed to published
I think you already have a good idea about the problem and the options to publish.

Additional, in this instance, you can also try the new v6.4 Beta 1. It has greater control on how to move messages between Requests and Posts queues.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fritz Wagner

More
4 years 9 months ago #5981 by Fritz Wagner
Fritz Wagner replied the topic: No tweet if front-end editor changed to published
Thank You!

I will give the Beta a try and if the results are interesting, I will report back!

Best,

fwagner

More
4 years 9 months ago #5982 by Fritz Wagner
Postscript:

I can confirm that if when you first save an article in your editor you make sure that it is published and public, you are OK. The article appears in the queue and stays there until you actually publish and the tweet goes out.

I have done this with two articles. They both appeared in the queue. I then went back and changed them to front-end editor so others could work on them. They remained in the queue. When they were switched back from front-end editor to public the tweets went out normally at the publication time. :)

Best,

fwagner

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now