Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Where to find facebook_server_auth_app.zip?

More
4 years 9 months ago #6084 by Rupert Englander
Rupert Englander replied the topic: Where to find facebook_server_auth_app.zip?
Hi. Thanks for the explanation. It is clearer now but I am still not out of the woods. :whistle:

So I added the canvas url properly now (that was my issue) and then I went to the admin panel and did the authorise in the config for the Facebook channel. It took me to Facebook, I gave permission, but I now don;t know where to find the Access Token which is required in the TweetNG configuration process.
If I run the authorisation process again I don;t get taken back to Facebook to authorise (probably because it already is right?) but I get the page (attached).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies for my ignorance.

Best wishes,
Rupert
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #6085 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Where to find facebook_server_auth_app.zip?
To check your configuration, please, submit a ticket to professional support service support.extly.com

Regards,

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #6105 by Bertha
Bertha replied the topic: Where to find facebook_server_auth_app.zip?
Hello, sorry for posting in someone else thread, but it is about the same matter.
Joomla 2.5.9
Latest version of AutoTweetNG Free
php 5.3.x

I am having exactly the same problems as described in this thread (apart from finding the zip ;) )

Created own App etc..
Loaded the facebook_server_auth_app.zip into a folder within my Joomla installation called Facebook-Sprett and unzipped

first I thought according to the documentation that the canvas url to put into the App on fb, was supposed to be the url to this?
domain.com/subfolder/Facebook-Sprett/

Then I get this error from facebook:

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

I thought by using the facebook_server_auth_app.zip I would not have to worry about SSL?

I then tried to change the canvas url to the application site, since the directions say 'load your app in browser to get the https://...'
which it does, but with the above error.

Note! in your documentation tutorial the url for this is: app.facebook.com/ ...
but in fact it is apps.facebook.com/ .... B)

I am really confused doing this :)

First I thought that if I dont' have SSL, I could use fb option to host the app with Heroku, but then I figured since I get your facebook_server_auth_app included in the package, I don't need to do so..?

I have waited for almost an hour to see if this has taken some time to configure, but still get the SSL error

I have a feeling it is a matter of correct canvas url or page to put into either the App on fb when created or into the component before Authorization step..

Attached file shows this in the App

Hope you can help me :blush:
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Bertha .

More
4 years 9 months ago #6106 by Support Team
Facebook requires a SSL enabled site to accept it as a hosted App.

Your site does not have a SSL certificate:

www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#host...ttps://kjoavellir.is
No SSL certificates were found on kjoavellir.is. Make sure that the name resolves to the correct server and that the SSL port (default is 443) is open on your server's firewall.

Thanks,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bertha

More
4 years 9 months ago #6109 by Bertha
Bertha replied the topic: Where to find facebook_server_auth_app.zip?
Thanks, so it is REquired to have SSL for the websites that want to use this option?

in other words, customers (site owners) have to pay extra for their hosting to get SSL, right?

More
4 years 9 months ago #6110 by Support Team
It's a Facebook's mandatory requirement.

There's a free option. Facebook and Heroku are associated to provide free SSL hosting. We've created a tutorial for this case:

How to AutoTweet from Facebook-Heroku
www.extly.com/how-to-autotweet-from-your...-facebook-heroku-app

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now