Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

How to decide if cut title or hashtags?

More
4 years 8 months ago #6149 by Rari Nantes Florentia ASD
Rari Nantes Florentia ASD created the topic: How to decide if cut title or hashtags?
Hi.
We're using latest 6.4.4 (stable) pro version of AutoTweetNG and J! 2.5.9.
I'd like to make the plugin cut only the title, and not the hashtags (static text) added at the end of the tweet.
If I introduce a littler max characters count in the content plugin (the plugin is not adding the static text, it's done by a specific Twitter rule, together with adding the URL at the end), I will truncate also the Facebook title that instead can be that long. I'd like not to post tweets with cut (=wrong) hashtags at the end but make AutoTweet cut titles instead. Can this be achieved?

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Matteo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #6152 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: How to decide if cut title or hashtags?
Hi Matteo,

We've also noticed this side-effect. Currently there's no easy way to avoid the hashtag cutting in long Tweets.

A rule can compose the message in this way "[text] / #Example [fulltext]", but the hashtag is fixed in the rule.

We've recently revamped how the engine creates the messages, it can accomodate the requirement.

Please, send us a ticket to add your request to the pipeline for the upcoming v6.4.5.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rari Nantes Florentia ASD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now