Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Questions about version for J2.5

More
4 years 5 months ago #6439 by nugepcua
nugepcua created the topic: Questions about version for J2.5
Was a happy user of version for Joomla 1.5
Since Twitter changed their API, now looking at options for Joomla 2.5

Questions:
1. How can I manually post a tweet to multiple channels? Don't see such option to select several channels anymore??
2. Why Short URL, Original URL, Message and Full text are not clean? How can I make them empty each time I want to post something new? otherwise I need to delete all the fields and it is pretty annoying.
3. Why am I required to enter "Title *" for Twitter posts?
4. What's the difference between Post & Content?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #6440 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Questions about version for J2.5
Hi,

In perspective, AutoTweetNG v6 has introduced a new generic model. All messages follow the same workflow:

www.extly.com/index.php?option=com_conte...tweetng-for-joomla-3

In this way, we've simplified the inner workings, rule managemt, plugins, etc. Now, we are readying the next product iteration, heading for AutoTweetNG v7 series.

1. In the new model, all messages follow the same model.

2. Why Short URL, Original URL, Message and Full text are not clean? How can I make them empty each time I want to post something new? otherwise I need to delete all the fields and it is pretty annoying.

The fields are filled in an automatic way by the plugin, rules, shortener service, etc. Are you creating all posts manually?

3. Why am I required to enter "Title *" for Twitter posts?

In the unified model, all messages must have a title. It can be the same message. Twitter is the simplest message (one field of 140 chars), but the model has to accomodate Facebook and LinkedIn structures. Also, rules manage the fields to create complex Tweets, like "[title] #joomla / [fulltext]"

4. What's the difference between Post & Content?

Post source is the old Manual Message, and Content source is the Joomla content.

Thanks,

More
4 years 5 months ago #6441 by nugepcua
nugepcua replied the topic: Questions about version for J2.5
1. & 2.
Yes, I do create a lot of posts manually. With actual interface it is like nightmare.
Do you think you can put back the old, clean and simple Manual Message tab with multi-select box?

I guess it would make the component more user friendly and solve the issues described in 3. point.
I don't really understand why plugin has to fill in the fields for me to delete later.

Thank you

More
4 years 5 months ago #6442 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Questions about version for J2.5
Hi,

We are working to release a new version in July. This version is going to have a new form optimized for manual Post publishing (the current form is oriented to modify or check the automatic posts)

Thanks,

More
4 years 5 months ago #6443 by nugepcua
nugepcua replied the topic: Questions about version for J2.5
sounds promising!
thanks!

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now