Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook Reach

More
4 years 5 months ago #6469 by Mystara
Mystara created the topic: Facebook Reach
Hi,

It looks like Facebook posts made via AutoTweetNG are getting significantly lower reach. If I make a post directly on Facebook, I regularly get upwards of 7000. Posts made via AutoTweetNG are only getting about 1500.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #6471 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook Reach
Hi,

Reach depends on Facebook Post Management. They are always optimizing the algorithm that shows Posts in Walls, according different variables.

They know if a post was generated by user input (mobile or web) or via API. So, Posts can have different number of impressions / reach according the source, positive feedback, etc.

Have you implemented Your Own Facebook App? If you implement Your Own Facebook App, you can control content posted by the App, and relay on Posts positive feedback (at the end it's the best success measure).

Thanks,

More
4 years 5 months ago #6473 by Mystara
Mystara replied the topic: Facebook Reach
Yes, I'm using my own facebook app.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6542 by GertJan van Schuppen
GertJan van Schuppen replied the topic: Facebook Reach
Having the same problem > see screenshot, the items marked with an X are items created by AutoTweetNG > just 1 reached/imrpession.
Other items I have made manually on my Facebook page and they have a MUCh higher reach.

Have you implemented Your Own Facebook App? If you implement Your Own Facebook App, you can control content posted by the App, and relay on Posts positive feedback (at the end it's the best success measure).

I am using Your Own Facebook App and you say that should do the job...
But I am not seeing this helps > the items have reached just 1.

How do we set up the component and the Your Own Facebook App correctly so the posts gets more reach? I think a lot of people would be interested :) It looks like a "problem" with the AutoTweetNG component because normal handly made posts gets so much more reach.

Can you help me/US? Thanks!

Kind regards, GertJan
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago #6543 by Mystara
Mystara replied the topic: Facebook Reach
The problem with only reaching 1 person is because your app is still in sandbox mode.
You need to publish your application in order for the posts to be seen by everyone.

That said, i still only get about 1/4 of the reach by posting via AutoTweet than I do if I make the post manually.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6544 by GertJan van Schuppen
GertJan van Schuppen replied the topic: Facebook Reach

Mystara wrote: The problem with only reaching 1 person is because your app is still in sandbox mode.
You need to publish your application in order for the posts to be seen by everyone.

Where can I plublish it?
If I go to my app on Facebook I do see Sandbox (see screenshot).
But where do I adjust it?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now