Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Cannot get my FB App to Authorize in AutoTweet NG

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #6528 by webzight
webzight replied the topic: Cannot get my FB App to Authorize in AutoTweet NG

Support Team wrote: Hi,

The site pomanswineglass.com has SSL enabled. However, you haven't detailed the App Canvas Page and Secure Canvas URL.

E.g. This is our testing app:
Canvas Page: apps.facebook.com/autotweetng_sixfive
Secure Canvas URL: joocial-app.extly.com/Joocialv65/

Okay I guess need a definition on the difference between: a Canvas Page, a Canvas URL and a Secure Canvas URL

The "Canvas Page", setup by the FB app generator is: apps.facebook.com/pomanswineglass

The "Canvas URL", I entered in that block is: pomanswineglass.com/

The "Secure Canvas URL", I entered in that block is: pomanswineglass.com/

NOTE: Roll over the links to see which is which as your editor strips out the actual link :huh:

So what did I do wrong?
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by webzight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6531 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Cannot get my FB App to Authorize in AutoTweet NG
Hi,

The Canvas Page and Secure Canvas URL are not your homepage.

You must create a directory (E.g. facebookapp) and copy the files of facebook_auth_app_v6.5.1.zip.

So, you Canvas Page and Secure Canvas URL will be:

Canvas Page pomanswineglass.com/facebookapp
Secure Canvas URL pomanswineglass.com/facebookapp

Please, check the example: www.extly.com/how-to-autotweet-from-your...cebook-app-step-four

Thanks,

More
4 years 4 months ago #6537 by webzight
FIrst off whatever you are using to display the app building instructions does not work throughly with any of the browsers I am using as I cannot upgrade because I am not financially able to afford new equipment which is needed to upgrade to any of the latest versions. SO I don't know WHY you do not offer a simple PDF version of the instructions for us poor folks who cannot afford to upgrade! PLEASE!!

Secondly the "Canvas Page" ( apps.facebook.com/pomanswineglass ) is created by the FB app generator and there is no changing same!

Are you referring to the Canvas URL instead?

Loaded the file as you instructed after having to look all the over the place for same as you DID NOT say where exactly it was located. Thanks!

Further more there are two ZIP files in the ZIP file, facebook_auth_app_v6.5.1.zip, what do I do with them. UNZIP them, leave them as they are, WHAT?

I made the changes as you instructed and I am now getting a "Page Not Found" error when I try to "Authorize"

Does this really work as I getting pretty frustrated here, going around in circles trying to follow unclear directions and still getting nowhere!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #6538 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Cannot get my FB App to Authorize in AutoTweet NG
In fact, you have the PDFs available: www.extly.com/autotweet-ng-pro.html#how-to Please, check if they can help you configuring the App.

We are also testing Google Presentations B)

The Canvas Page seems to be Ok.

All files are provided in AutoTweetNG download file.

If you uploaded the files to pomanswineglass.com/facebookapp/ , your hosting is not showing them.

Checking the Canvas Page, as you have associated the right Canvas Url and Secure Canvas Url, Facebook is showing the Blank page displayed by your hosting.

Instead of a Blank page, you have to view a page like joocial-app.extly.com/Joocialv65/ in your pomanswineglass.com/facebookapp/

So, you only have to review why the hosting is showing a Blank page, E.g. permissions? You can also send a ticket to the hosting support to solve the issue.

PD: You are almost done ;)

Thanks,

More
4 years 4 months ago #6539 by webzight

Support Team wrote: In fact, you have the PDFs available: www.extly.com/autotweet-ng-pro.html#how-to Please, check if they can help you configuring the App.

Thanks for that info as it was not obvious to me!

Instead of a Blank page, you have to view a page like joocial-app.extly.com/Joocialv65/ in your pomanswineglass.com/facebookapp/

Okay it was displaying a blank page because I put a blank index.html file in the folder as is a common practice in Joomla!

I took that file out and now we are back to the Error 404!

More
4 years 4 months ago #6540 by Support Team
To be precise, you are getting 404 Forbidden, it's a permission problem or a configuration problem in your directory. E.g. a security restriction.

The Facebook App Canvas Page, SSL configuration, Canvas Url, and Secure Canvas Url seems to be Ok.

Try to check with your hosting provider why it's not showing the uploaded files.

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now