Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Twitter Error - Too Many Characters

More
4 years 4 months ago #6570 by Marco DeLuca
Marco DeLuca created the topic: Twitter Error - Too Many Characters
Trying to publish a K2 article to twitter and I'm getting this error: 186 - Status is over 140 characters

First question - shouldn't AutoTweetNG automatically truncate messages?

Second question - I had the plugin set to publish 250 chars. So I went into the POSTS section (AutoTweetNG backend) and edited the message to be below 140 chars and I still got this error.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6571 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Twitter Error - Too Many Characters
Hi,

Twitter recently changed the definion about the available 140 characters. It adds more characters into the total if you include hashtags, images, or Urls in your Tweets.

AutoTweetNG ha been modified to also count in this way. You can find in: Options / Advanced Settings/ New Twitter Characters Counting, the paramters:

Url Weight: 23
Media Weight: 24

The default parameters use to be safe in most cases. However, if you add static texts, Urls, etc; you might need to add more room to avoid errors.

Please, try to increse the parameters until you find the values that work for you.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now