Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

"No search field" Search-In-Categories-Mod v5.0.1

More
4 years 4 months ago #6602 by Chris Gibb
Chris Gibb created the topic: "No search field" Search-In-Categories-Mod v5.0.1
Hi,

I've just installed the Search-In-Categories-Mod v5.0.1 module into a fresh Joomla 2.5 install with SobiPro 1.0.8.

I've enabled the module and selected the position in the template.

I load the page and where the module is supposed to be I see the message 'No search field'

I searched the source, and I find these lines:
$searchFields = FOFModel::getTmpInstance('Fields', 'XtdirModel');
$fields = $searchFields->getCategorySearchField($section_id);
if (!count($fields))
{
    echo 'No search field.';
    return;
}

So i dig a little bit more and I find its executing a query to return records from the sobi_field table, selecting on inSearch=1, enabled=1, section=54, fieldType=category...

Then I look in this table and see there is no records at all with fieldType=category.

I've poked around and clicked on every button I can find, I do not see a way to create this record and looking at the code I don't see how it can work without it???

Can someone tell me what I am missing please.... client demo in few days, any help much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6603 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: "No search field" Search-In-Categories-Mod v5.0.1
Hi,

In the new XTDir, we've implemented the SobiPro v1.1 new categories model. In the new model fieldType category is defined.

Working in compatibility mode with SobiPro v1.0.8, this field is not shown.

In the other hand, you can implement the previous legacy version v2.7.2 of the Search In Categories Module (available in the download area). In this version, you have two SobiPro Apps to add a filter and a restriction in the search results. www.xtdir.com/guides-faq/46-extensions-f...s-documentation.html

In any case, all customers are encouraged to submit a ticket to professional support support.extly.com . In this way, we can better answer and follow your issue.

Best Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Gibb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now