Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level

More
4 years 1 month ago #7062 by Support Team
Support Team created the topic: JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level
wrong button

I think it's not possible to show 3 levels in Bootstrap menu.

getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/javascript.html#dropdowns

Do you have an example?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #7063 by Marcel
Marcel replied the topic: JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level
I had written a detailed explanation and attached an image... I don't know where it has gone :huh:
Anyhow, I'll repeat the example:

Top-level is a menu entry called 'Joomla! blogs'. The top-level menu entry has two 2. level menu entries. One of the 2. level entries has 3. level menu entries. And although it is marked a drop-down menu entry, the 3. level menu entries do not appear, nor is it possible to use the 2. level menu entry, because the 'href="#"'.

I agree that native bootstrap drop-down may only be able to show top-level and one level deeper, but what are the settings 'start level' and 'end level' then for?

Again, my settings:

- sub-menus enabled
- start level is '1'
- end level is 'all'

I am working on a fresh and clean install of Joomla! 3.2 and JB Dropdown 2.0
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #7064 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level
I'm sorry, I deleted the previous topic, instead of submitting the answer :blush:

About 'start level' and 'end level' parameters, they can restrict the output to 1 or 2 levels to be shown.

But Bootstrap dropdown menu can't show more than 2-levels. The module will generate the structure, but it's not going to work.

Thanks,

More
4 years 1 month ago #7065 by Marcel
Marcel replied the topic: JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level
I understand, the extension delivers what was promised and it does the job well. I should have read the description more carefully.
The support is also good.

Thank you for this nice extension and the support. I'll write a (good) JED review.

More
4 years 1 month ago #7066 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: JB Dropdown only shows (works for) 1. and 2. level
Thank you! We are glad to help B)

More
1 year 9 months ago #9965 by Support Team
Hi,

We have just released XT Menu to fully embrace "Nav Tabs with dropdowns for Bootstrap 2 and 3". www.extly.com/utilities/xt-menu-nav-tabs-with-dropdowns.html

This new module renders a Bootstrap dropdown menu AND allows to navigate a N-level hierarchy.

These are the module parameters:
  • Select Menu
  • Base Item
  • Start Level
  • End Level
  • Show Sub-menu Items
  • Alternative Layout
  • Load Submenu Style
  • Load Submenu Script

NOTE: Boostrap Tabs and dropdowns must be supported by your template.

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now