Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Does Autotweet/Joocial require SSL?

More
3 years 10 months ago #7432 by Steve Hess
Steve Hess created the topic: Does Autotweet/Joocial require SSL?
I thought there was a requirement that Autotweet needed SSL for certain functionality, but perhaps that was no longer the case.

Is there a concise list of requirements with regard to SSL and what features it may affect if the site is not SSL? I have looked here, but don't see any mention of it:

www.extly.com/autotweet-ng-pro.html#changelog

Thanks!

Karaoke information across the USA!
www.karaokeacrossamerica.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #7433 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Does Autotweet/Joocial require SSL?
Hi,

If you implement a Facebook Channel with Your Own Facebook App AND Canvas Page, Facebook requires a SSL-enabled site to create this type of app.

Until AutoTweetNG 6.7, it was the only option for Facebook App authorization, to generate access tokens. In AutoTweetNG 6.7, an option to authorize channels with a simple Facebook App was introduced (SSL is not required in this case).

Please, check the tutorial to create a Facebook Channel showing both options, with a simple Facebook App or a Facebook App with Canvas Page (SSL required):

How to AutoTweet from Your Own Facebook App
www.extly.com/how-to-autotweet-from-your...tml#/how-to-facebook

Please, let us know if you have any further question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Hess

More
2 years 1 month ago #9698 by ValCinel
ValCinel replied the topic: Does Autotweet/Joocial require SSL?
Hi,
I need a channel to autopost in a Facebook Group, then I need a "Your Own Facebook App AND Canvas Page".
I need know if Joocial require just SSL-enabled site or the SSL Certificate. Is this the same thing?
Sorry my doubt, but I am not an advanced developer and do not know much about.

Sorry my English, I am not fluent.

More
2 years 1 month ago #9712 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Does Autotweet/Joocial require SSL?
Hi,

AutoTweet and Joocial do not require a SSL certificate in your site. In the most usage case, you can just authorize the channel following the channel steps. Please, check this video:

How to autotweet from Joomla! to Facebook in 5 minutes - Video

PD: There is an advanced option to authorize "Your Own Facebook App and Canvas Page". But, it is not very common nowadays, only implemented in specific cases.

Best Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: ValCinel

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now