Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Post Formated Text to facebook

More
3 years 1 month ago #8660 by Andreas K
Andreas K created the topic: Post Formated Text to facebook
Hello,
Thanks for your wellworking component.

A few questions

1. it is possible to Post line feeds in the article?
2. can I use bild Text?

Regards
Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #8661 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Post Formated Text to facebook
Hello Andreas,

Until now our focus has been to publish a clean paragraph of text. In the upcoming v7.6 (November), we plan to add support for LF (or other formatting options if they were possible).

Best Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #9498 by Francois Plamondon
Francois Plamondon replied the topic: Post Formated Text to facebook
Hi I'm actually with Joocial 7.8 (you said something will be available in Joocial 7.6) and i try to put some \r\n \n <br /> but seems not working.
What is the procedure please ? All is working good but without that new line method, it's like ugly.
For the \r\n \n it stays like it is. When it's <br /> the tag dissapears.
I can put that in Properties Template or directly in the code.
I'm actually using the JomEstateContent - AutoTweet and Joocial.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Francois Plamondon.

More
2 years 3 months ago #9499 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Post Formated Text to facebook
Hi Francois,

The current implementation removes all special characters and meta-tags ({...}, [...], <...>). In this way, a post has a clean paragraph.

We recommend to publish short paragraphs to increase engagement (60-100 chars). Reference: zerogravitymarketing.com/ideal-lengths-for-social-media-posts/

Thus, we have not implemented \r\n support as a way to keep Posts simple and clean. If we introduce it, it could generate unintended line breaks, with lower readability. For instance, Facebook just hides text beyond second line with "See More". In tweets, you achieve a special effect, but most tweets are short, to the point.

We are still evaluating this feature. It is in our roadmap, waiting for a sound business case.

Best Regards,

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now