Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

JB Dropdown Menu - Ampersand not displayed correct

More
2 years 8 months ago #9190 by Leila Hodgkins
Leila Hodgkins created the topic: JB Dropdown Menu - Ampersand not displayed correct
Thanks for a great extension!

I just noticed one strange problem. In the dropdown menus, the ampersand sign is show as '&" instead of the correct "&". Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? In the menu item, of course, I have just typed "&". Even more confusingly, it's only an occasional problem - sometimes everything is fine.

www.counsellingsomerset.com/joomladev/
Click on Contact & Fees
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #9815 by Joe Campbell
Joe Campbell replied the topic: JB Dropdown Menu - Ampersand not displayed correct
Hello Leila,

I also have been experience the same menu ampersand issue. Like yourself, it is not a persistent problem, but a problem none the less.

My solution for the issue is to utilize NoNumber ReReplacer ( www.nonumber.nl/extensions/rereplacer ) to change "&" with "&" within the JB Menu Module.

Note: you will need to use the Pro Version to specify/limit the search & replacement within:
<ul class="dropdown-menu">

This way the replacement will not effect other parts of your website.

I hope this helps,

Joe Campbell
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Joe Campbell.

More
1 year 11 months ago #9820 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: JB Dropdown Menu - Ampersand not displayed correct
Hi,

Great Tip! :woohoo:

We are looking for a new version, so we will include the proper string encoding.

Thanks,

More
1 year 8 months ago #9980 by Joe Campbell
Joe Campbell replied the topic: JB Dropdown Menu - Ampersand not displayed correct
Has this issie been resolved with the new/paid version of this extension?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now