Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Promotion Validation plugin

More
2 years 4 months ago #9422 by Andreas Ehn
Andreas Ehn created the topic: Promotion Validation plugin
Hi, I've installed the plugin an it works, if I try to add a new entry, I can not.

The problem is, if I try to edit and update my entry, I'm also not allowed to do that. Did I something wrong?

Regards,
Werner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9423 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Promotion Validation plugin
Hi,

If user has more entries than the allowed number, it is not going to block the operation. Then, an entry must be deleted to continue.

Please, let us know if the answer solves your issue. If issue persists, please, create a ticket here: support.extly.com/ Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system.

Regards,

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9876 by Andreas Ehn
Andreas Ehn replied the topic: Promotion Validation plugin
Hi,
I've the same topic again. Plugin is configured in a way, that user1 can make only 1 entry. This does work as expected.
Now I want to update this entry in the backend as administrator (different user than user 1). But this is also not possible.
I'm sure, there is a possibility, but I've no idea how.

Just to precise it: It is neither with user1 nor with the admin user possible to edit the entry. But even if I have configured the plugin i an way, that it is only possible to make only one entry, it should be possible to edit the entry.

Regards,
Werner
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Andreas Ehn. Reason: additional info

More
1 year 10 months ago #9882 by Andreas Ehn
The important thing would be, to disable the promo validation in backend, so that the admin can modify the entry.
Second thing: User should have the possibility to edit his own entry.

Regards,
Werner

More
1 year 10 months ago #9889 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Promotion Validation plugin
Hello Werner,

The problem is that the account is invalid according to the restriction.

The only exit is to disable or delete entries to meet the number of entries restriction.

We could ease the restriction, for instance allowing adminitrative modifications, but invalid accounts will go unnoticed.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9891 by Andreas Ehn
Hi, in the backend (as Admnistrator) I can live with that solution (deactication / edit / activation), but the enduser has a problem with that, as it is not possible for the enduser to edit his own entry.

As far as I have understood the idea of promoted entries is, to limit the number of entries and not the number of changes to the existing entry. But it seems, that my expecation is wrong.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now