Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #9432 by GertJan van Schuppen
GertJan van Schuppen created the topic: 6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'
Hi,

When I make an article I got an e-mailmessage saying the topic can't be posted to Twitter (nothing wrong with Facebook message).

6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'
When I go to AutoTweetNG Pro - Channel in the administration of Joomla there also is a message (the same as above) for the Twitter Channel.
I have tried to Validate it again, but still the same message.

Can't get it fixes... am I doing something wrong?
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by GertJan van Schuppen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9434 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: 6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'
Hi,

Your site cannot open api.twitter.com.

Please, check this FAQ with more details: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...host-api-twitter-com

Best Regards,

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #9436 by GertJan van Schuppen
GertJan van Schuppen replied the topic: 6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'
I looked at the article and contacted by host but nothings wrong there.
They heard the problem before and mentioned something about the last AutotweetNG Pro update having a little problem that you guys are working on to get fixed?

Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by GertJan van Schuppen.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9437 by Support Team
Hi,

No, nothing to fix. Your DNS is not able to resolve 'api.twitter.com'. In fact, the error is coming directly from PHP connection opening.

No user has recently reported a similar issue.

Best Regards,

More
2 years 4 months ago #9440 by GertJan van Schuppen
GertJan van Schuppen replied the topic: 6 - Couldn't resolve host 'api.twitter.com'

Support Team wrote: Hi,

No, nothing to fix. Your DNS is not able to resolve 'api.twitter.com'. In fact, the error is coming directly from PHP connection opening.

No user has recently reported a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Can you please help me/us further. My host can't find anything wrong. This what they asnwered. Can you please take a look?

I checked the server error logs for any entries regarding the issue, though nothing came up.

There was an entry about a security filter match, which I have disabled - I then tested validating the key in your Joomla Admin panel, and I still received the same error message.

Can you contact the extension developers back and ask them if they can provide you with more details on what may be causing the issue. From their reply - "No user has recently reported a similar issue." - it appears that such an issue has occurred previously, and they should have some more details on what was the cause.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9441 by Support Team
Hi,

api.twitter.com is the main Twitter API server. Nowadays, it is quite reliable. Then, a DNS query to this domain cannot fail.

From our side, we implement themattharris/tmhOAuth library ( github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth/blob/master/tmhOAuth.php ), a well-known Twitter communication library.

The error is quite clear, a DNS query cannot translate api.twitter.com to an IP address. This is the first step open a communication to a server. After this step, we usually answer requests related with Joomla or AutoTweetNG issues, but your issue is located below PHP layer - at DNS - TCP/IP level.

Best Regards,

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now