Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Can't authorize Facebook

More
2 years 4 months ago #9444 by pythoniels
pythoniels created the topic: Can't authorize Facebook
Hi all,

I'm a bit lost after trying for several days to connect my Autoweet to Facebook. Twitter works well, but I can't seem to get hold of Facebook. I installed Autotweet in the past and made sure to remove all details and I cleaned my PHPMYSQL to make sure there's nothing left.

I created a new app in the Facebook Developers part and followed all steps written in the manual .

After slide 14 i'm stuck when hitting the authorize button, since i get the error mesage: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

I also read in your other document the following:
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration ...
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Please, review you App Configuration. Fill the App Domain to exactly match your site (www or https do matter). If there is any mismatch, it is a different domain.

Your application MUST have the right parameters:

App Domains
Contact Email
Site URL
In addition, if you have enabled Settings / Migrations / Stream post URL security: Links in stream posts must go to app's Canvas or Website URL.

I'm not sure what to fill out at ' app domains', i filled in my contact email and my website: www.aviationinfo.nl

I hope someone can assist me?

Joomla version 2.5.7.
Autotweet v7.9.4-free

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9445 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Can't authorize Facebook
Hi,

You are running a very old Joomla version (2.5.7). It is highly recommended to update at least to 2.5.28. We do not develop or test for Joomla 2.5 and we are working to release the upcoming AutoTweet 8 with mobile app support only for Joomla 3.

Concerning to the specific Facebook error, there is a domain difference between your site and you Facebook App configuration. Your App must look like this slide:

docs.google.com/presentation/d/16hGWWGq1...e=id.g3720af4bb_2612

If your problem persists, please, copy and paste an app screenshot.

Regards,

More
2 years 4 months ago #9486 by pythoniels
pythoniels replied the topic: Can't authorize Facebook
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've installed a new version of Joomla 3.4.3 en installed Autotweet again. Since I've already created the apps in Facebook I used this app id but the error message still persist. I also tried to switch to my 'page' account on FB and when authorizing in AutoTweet NG, I do get a pop-up saying I need to switch to myself. As soon as I click on 'switch' I receive the very same error message again: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Any help?

More
2 years 4 months ago #9487 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Can't authorize Facebook
Hi,

This error is caused by a mismatch between your App configuration and you site Url. Your App must be exactly like this slide: docs.google.com/presentation/d/16hGWWGq1...e=id.g3720af4bb_2612

Ref: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...cation-configuration

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now