Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

FaceBook issues

More
2 years 4 months ago #9446 by Kent
Kent created the topic: FaceBook issues
Hello,

I'm using the free version for auto tweet currently. Once I get the hang of it and get everything working I plan on upgrading. Here's my problem:

When I create a new audio file it posts to FaceBook when the Home page gets a visitor, but the FaceBook post is only visible to me on FaceBook. My wife, friends, family...no one else can see the FaceBook post.

So, I go to FaceBook and post my own link and everyone sees it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9447 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: FaceBook issues
Hi,

What AutoTweet version are you running? Have you upgraded to the latest 7.9.4?

Facebook implements several fine-grained privacy controls. AutoTweet publishes public (everyone) posts. However, there are several App settings that can restrict privacy.

Please, try to reauthorize the App and check if privacy is restricted by default to 'friends'.

Ref: Facebook Channel Re-Authorization Procedure www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...horization-procedure
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kent

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #9448 by Kent
Kent replied the topic: FaceBook issues
I'm using the newest version 7.9.4.

However, I went to the linked page and found this www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...logged-into-facebook

I realized that my APP had not been turned on to Public view. I went and made the change. I'm hoping this fixed it. I'll find out soon enough.

Thank you.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Kent.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now