Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Posts to facebook before publishing date

More
2 years 4 months ago #9458 by Johan Hammarström
Johan Hammarström created the topic: Posts to facebook before publishing date
Hi,
I'm using the AutoTweetNG Free and has some issues regarding premature posting to facebook. If I creates an article on day 1 and choose to publish it on day 3, facebook scrapes the article premature and sets scrape date to the past, the date January 01, 1970, and gives a 404 error. The facebook cache doesn't update upon publish date.

AutoTweetNG set the url to "http://xxxx...?fb_ref=Default", so the publish to facebook works, because the url is different and the cached url without "?fb_ref=Default" isn't conflicting. But if I try to share the link without the "?fb_ref=Default" at end, it gives the 404 error until I manually update the scrape information through facebook debugger.

Any ideas? Does this premature facebook scrape has something to do with AutoTweet or is it anohter issue..?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9459 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Posts to facebook before publishing date
Hi,

When you create an article with a publishing date in future, a request is create and scheduled to this very same date. You can check this request in Requests list, it wait until the date to be delivered and published.

AutoTweet does not add a parameter "fb_ref=Default".

When the date arrives and the articles is finally published, Request is processed and a new Post is created to be finally published.

To verify the case, please enable the logging mode and check the generated logged file:
Logging Mode: Developer's swiss army knife
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...r-s-swiss-army-knife

Finally, if you are running an old version, please rememeber to update to the latest 7.9.4 stable or 8.0.4 beta.

Best Regards

More
2 years 4 months ago #9476 by Johan Hammarström
Johan Hammarström replied the topic: Posts to facebook before publishing date
Hi,
is it Facebook who automatically insert this "fb_ref=Default"? Because all posts through AutoTweet has this ending.

But the real issue is that, somehow, facebook scrape the url BEFORE it is published (i.e. at the create date) - which creates a cached 404 error on facebook. When someone after publishing date tries to share the url it just shows as 404 error on facebook, due to their cache. If I go to the facebook debugger and ask them to fetch the url again, it works.

If I instead tries to share the url + the suffix mentioned above, it works, because that url was cached on the publish date, thanks to your system.

Can I have the wrong settings somewhere? I notice that both the Content plugin and the Composer plugin has separate settings for Polling Interval. I have set content plugin to 7200 seconds and the composer plugin to 120 sec. And both to "Autopublish".

With kind regards,
- Johan.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9477 by Support Team
Hi Johan,

AutoTweet does not add a "fb_ref=Default". Have you installed other auto-publishing extension?

Polling Intervals do not play a role on your issue.

To know if something is being processed by AutoTweet, you can enable the logging mode, test a case and attach the logged file to check it.

Logging Mode: Developer's swiss army knife
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...r-s-swiss-army-knife

More
2 years 4 months ago #9478 by Johan Hammarström
Johan Hammarström replied the topic: Posts to facebook before publishing date
I tried twitterfeed.com, but it posted only at create date, so I have cancelled all feeds by them... It's AutoTweet that feeds facebook right now (with that suffix), as the interval set in the backend reflects perfectly what is actually posted at facebook. I changed from 1 post/hour to 1 post/2 hours etc, and it followed.

But please check this part of the log - the time it says "publish_up" is 06:00:02. I have, for exampel, set this article to publish 08:00:02 in Joomla. Are there a +-2 hour discrepency somewhere?

[id] => 64
[ref_id] => 20073
[plugin] => autotweetcontent
[publish_up] => 2015-08-11 06:00:02
[description] => Litteratur: Tora Greve - Erövraren. Siriuskrönikan
[typeinfo] => 1
[url] => http://tidningenkulturen.se/index.php/litteratur-topp/litteraturkritik/20073-litteratur-tora-greve-erovraren-siriuskronikan
[image_url] => http://tidningenkulturen.se/images/stories/com_form2content/p3/f976/Sirius_detlaj_frn_omslagsbildsen__i_form_av_fotograferad__textil.jpg
[native_object] => {"id":"20073","title":"Litteratur: Tora Greve - Er\u00f6vraren. Siriuskr\u00f6nikan","alias":"lit.......

With kind regards,
- Johan.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9479 by Support Team
Hi,

In Joomla, internally all dates are managed in UTC. If your site is in GMT+2, dates are entered in that timezone and converted to UTC when they are saved.

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now