Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Changing the channels of an evergreen?

More
2 years 3 months ago #9549 by Ruud van Lent
Ruud van Lent created the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Hi, I have appr. 200 evergreens that post to my twitter channel.
Recently i have added an additional twitter channel, I want the evergreens to also post to that channel.

Is it possible to change the channels the evergreen is posted to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #9551 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Hi,

Evergreens repeat the last enqueued request for each content item. If you have not restricted the previous request to fixed channels, then the new publishing opportunity will publish to the new channel.

Best Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago #9555 by Ruud van Lent
Ruud van Lent replied the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Okay, so just to make sure I understand this correctly.

I have a blog X and created in the blog article via Social Publisher button a evergreen (=yes) to tweet to @twitteraccount and @facebookaccount
This blog will be handled as an evergreen and get reposted conform the evergreen schedule to twitter and facebook.

When I want to change this evergreen to NOT post on facebook anymore I open blog X, change the channels (delete the facebook channel) in the social publisher screen, press submit and save the document.
The posts for this evergreen blog will now only go to twitter and not to facebook anymore.

Correct?

If correct, then I will run into 'problems with the following use case:
I want to create a new one time post for blog x to linkedin only. (I have set the content plugin to process modifications)
I open blog x in the article manager, press social publish, erase the info in there and set it accordingly evergreen = no, channel = linkedin and date / time of publishing.
I submit these changes,
I save and close the blog
A new request is generated for blog x to linkedin. > the request is posted on linkedin (one time)

What happens is that the blog gets posted to linked in, but what also happens is that the evergreen settings are deleted: this bog gets removed from the evergreen queue.

Correct?

Due to the many possible settings it is very hard to understand what happens and what actions impacts what result. I am trying to come up with some best practises for specific use cases. This will help educate users in working with Joocial: currently they have no clue as to what they are doing resulting in unexpected results.

More
2 years 3 months ago #9560 by Support Team
Hi,

You are right on the spot and you have an excellent grasp on the usability challenges. We do our best to keep our model simple and we are committed to improve it. Thank in advance for your feedback.

Case 1 - Updating channels in an Evergreen content item OK
Case 2 - Updating channels in an Evergreen content item to publish only once to one channel OK

To sum up how evergreens are defined:
  • Evergreens repeat the last pubished post
  • When you create a new article, you define Evergeeen and target Channels
  • If you modify channels, you have to publish one new request to confirm how it will be repeated in the future.
  • To generate this new request, you can just visit the article, change Channels and enable Process Modifications at plugin level or just enable Post This at article level.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago #9562 by Ruud van Lent
Ruud van Lent replied the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Okay, getting there :)

In the Virtual Media Manager there is also the setting > Evergreen Strategy > Channels.
The description says: "Choose post channels where messages are going to be published. This settings override the default routing to publish to all channels'

I interpret that as:
I create a blog, set it as evergreen = yes. Leave channels empty > submit and save & close blog.
Normally that evergreen blog will post to all channels (as I left it empty)

When I have set the above setting, the blog will in that case only go to the specified channel(s)

Correct?

Now what happens when I create a blog, evergreen =yes, channels = twitter, facebook, linkedin
In the Evergreen strategy setting I have set the override channel to twitter.

Where will this evergreen be posted to: to twitter only (as I have defined this as the override channel, or to twitter, facebook, linkedin (bypassing the override channel)?

More
2 years 3 months ago #9564 by Support Team
Hi,

Evergreen Strategy > Channels setting mandates over evergreens generation and overrides any previous definition about target channels.

When Evergreen Strategy creates a new request from Evergreen processing, it restricts channels according to the Channels Strategy definition.

Best Regards,

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now