Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Changing the channels of an evergreen?

More
2 years 2 months ago #9568 by Ruud van Lent
Ruud van Lent replied the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Just to make sure that I understand it correctly:

Now what happens when I create a blog, evergreen =yes, channels = twitter, facebook, linkedin
In the Evergreen strategy setting I have set the override channel to twitter.

will post to twitter only (because of the channel setting in Evergreen Strategy.

If so, if I have 200 Evergreens, create a new channel that I want to also use for the aleady present evergreens:
Adding the channel to the Evergreen Strategy will Suffice? > all 200 blogs will then automatically also post on the new channel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9571 by Ruud van Lent
Can someone please confirm the following evergreen posting priority overview?
1. content > [social publish] channels = empty Evergreen strategy > channels = empty posting to ALL channels
2. content > [Social Publish] channels = @twitter Evergreen strategy > channels = empty posting ONLY to @Twitter
3. content > [Social Publish] channels = empty Evergreen strategy > channels = @linkedin posting ONLY to @linkedin
4. content > [Social Publish] channels = @twitter Evergreen strategy > channels = @linkedin posting ONLY to @linkedin

When I open the article of the third use case, what I notice is that when looking at [Social Publish] > channels, when creating I left it empty, but after the evergreen has run it is filled with @linkedin
I now want to add a channel to all my evergreens eg @facebook.
What is the best way to do that:
1. by opening all the articles > [social publish] > channels > add @facebook (we have 200+ articles marked as evrgreen > doing it this way will create 200+ request and 200+ posts we do not want to get posted)
2. by changing the evergreen strategy > channels = add @facebook

Sorry for repeating my questions but maybe it is a language thing, but I (and my customers) are banging our heads against the wall as we cannot seem to grasp the logic of this tool / functionality (and yes we read all documentation): very frustrating as it is giving us a lot of extra work only to find out that it is doing things not as we would expect it.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9572 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Changing the channels of an evergreen?
Hi Ruud,

You are creating a complex strategy wiith 200+ request and 200+ posts. Also, you have enabled experimental settings, developed in ticket #4195 Feature request: always post evergreens.

Given the advanced configuration that your are developing, we recommend to develop and test the strategy in a testing site before going live. For instance, Facebook allows to create Testing Apps or a Mail Channel can help to monitor and adjust parameters.

Community forum is mainly oriented to solve issues related with free extensions. To focus our support effort, please, send us a ticket to check every topic as a different subject.

Best Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruud van Lent

More
2 years 2 months ago #9573 by Ruud van Lent
okay, will follow up via support ticket

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now