Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook Groups

More
2 years 3 months ago #9556 by Alex
Alex created the topic: Facebook Groups
Hi. I am trying now to test facebook groups where i am not admin. Can the component posts to groups where i am a simple member?

I tried to create a channel for, but the component returns me an error message:
return code = 0 - (#240) Requires a valid user to be specified (either via the session or via the API parameter for specifying the user.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #9561 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook Groups
Hi,

With AutoTweet Free, PRO and Joocial, you can simply configure a Facebook Group channel. This is a site-wide channels.

Joocial can also publish to a Facebook Group with authorized user channel. This is Community Auto-posting. Users have to authorized the channel and Facebook has to audit your App Please, check this tutorial for more details: docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TSGAN0vn...ide=id.gf679bbe7_055

Best Regards,

More
2 years 3 months ago #9566 by Alex
Alex replied the topic: Facebook Groups
Hi and thanks for your reply. I followed the tutorial but as result the component posts to group where i am administrator, but not to the one where i am only a member.

Any solution to post to groups where i am not an administrator? Thanks

More
2 years 3 months ago #9567 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook Groups
Hi,

By default, Facebook API does not currently allow to publish into Groups where your are a member.

In Facebook API 2.3 or older, it was possible to read all groups where a user is a member, user_groups permission. So it was possible to publish to any of them. But, in the latest 2.4, Facebook introduced user_managed_groups permission, removed user_groups and now it is only possible to address managed Groups via API.

Best Regards,

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now