Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook - text is shortened

More
2 years 2 months ago #9665 by Martin Šramko
Martin Šramko created the topic: Facebook - text is shortened
Hi,
I have a AutoTweet NG Pro extension.
Could someone explain me why a text is shortened and "read more" button is missing ?
Text in my K2 item has about 500 characters but Facebook shows only about 400 characters with three dots at the end of the text.

Thanks for the reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9666 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook - text is shortened
Hi,

Facebook does not show long texts. According to social media best practices, texts must be short to increase engagement.

Facebook

Surprisingly, research shows that Facebook posts perform best when they’re extremely brief – 40 or fewer characters, to be exact. These pithy posts receive 86% more fan engagement, despite the fact that only 5% of brand posts conform to this standard.

Ref: zerogravitymarketing.com/ideal-lengths-for-social-media-posts/

To follow these guidelines, by default, AutoTweet NG publishes posts with a little bit more of text and adds ... at the end. Then, if a user wants to read more, he/she has to access the site to read it in the best posssible layout.

Best Regards,

More
2 years 2 months ago #9667 by Martin Šramko
Martin Šramko replied the topic: Facebook - text is shortened
Is there any way to change this behaviour in the AutoTweetNG source code or text is shortened on the Facebook side ?
Because when I add a new status (long status) "native" in my Facebook account "read more" button is shown.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9669 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook - text is shortened
Hi,

Yes, it is possible and requires several tweaks.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system support.extly.com/ . Please, send us a ticket to contact tech team.

Best Regards,

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now