Mack Diesel created the topic: Faceted Search Questions
I have a couple of questions in regards to the Faceted Search module
1. Is there an easy way to have the module display horizontally as opposed to vertically?
As the module is currently designed it takes up quite a bit of space on the page when no options are selected and we would like to be able to make better use of the page real estate.
2. How can I get the module to display ALL of the listings of a section by default until one or more of the search options are selected?
3. Why is that even when I set the module to NOT display empty categories it still displays the empty category in the drop down listing?
Support Team replied the topic: Faceted Search Questions
1. Current vertical layout is the recommended way to display many search fields, side by side with search results. On the other hand, a horitizal layout is more restrictive on the number of search fields, since every row of search fields will push results to a lower position.
In you case, you can fully customize the current layout to fit your template and specific requirements. It will require an effort to fit the search fields into the available space and test it in several page widths (devices).
2. SobiPro does not return all search results by default. It would impose a high load on hosting capacity due to the fact that every visit has to return everything.
We can suggest to customize the module to show a default static piece of HTML with featured entries. It will be replaced with the first real search query.
3. Is your XTDir index updated? Please, try to re-index and remember to automate the index task. If your index is updated, then it could be a bug. We have not received any recent report. In any case, please, submit a ticket to our support service: