Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Google Plus Support

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9778 by Daniel
Daniel created the topic: Google Plus Support
Hi,

I would like to understand what the situation is with publish automatically from Joocial into Google Plus Profiles/Pages.

I understand there were doubts about Google's development on Google Plus and that the Moments API was disabled last May.

However it looks like Google is repositioning Google Plus as per the new launch:
googleblog.blogspot.com.es/2015/11/introducing-new-google.html

So for now I think we need to keep considering Google Plus as a very valid social network.

I would like to understand Extly's position on this matter.

Please correct me I'm wrong but my understanding is that autotweet/Joocial does not have a working solution to publish automatically to Google Plus, right? do you plan to have one any time soon? Surely, even if the moments API is longer working, Google must be providing a new API?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9780 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Google Plus Support
Hi Daniel,

We have been gladly surprised by Google announcement. It is the first piece of news since a long time (and very negative feedback). :woohoo:

Now, we are waiting to confirm how they translate this announcement to an official publishing API.

Specifically, we are watching Google+ API documentation for web sites: developers.google.com/+/web/ . Until now, Google has deprecated Moments API ( developers.google.com/+/web/api/rest/latest/moments/insert ) and only released Sharing buttons, badges and embedded posts.

To be crystal clear, we will support a Google+ official API as soon as they release it. B)

Additionally, we have been developing our Composer App for Android and Apple iOS (powered by JoomGap www.joomgap.com/ ). Now, it is mainly a posts editor. Our plan is to add support for mobile-only social networs like Instagram, Pinterest... and Google+. At this time, we are researching how to make it convenient and operative to find out the full posibilities of Joomla-mobile apps integration.

Best Regards,

More
1 year 9 months ago #9929 by Daniel
Daniel replied the topic: Google Plus Support
HI,

I can see in your latest blog post you are announcing Google Plus as being back:
www.extly.com/blog/22-latest-news/674-th...es-with-friends.html

Are you referring only to the Composer mobile app? Any plans to integrate it as standard Joocial automatic publishing channel?

Thanks

More
1 year 9 months ago #9930 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Google Plus Support
Hi,

There is no news from Google+ to provide an official API for publishing. Only "partners" get the access.

Ref: Issue 41: Write access to the streams code.google.com/p/google-plus-platform/issues/detail?id=41

Best regards,

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now