Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook Layout

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #9813 by Julian Wolf
Julian Wolf created the topic: Facebook Layout
Hi everybody,

unfortunatelly it doesn´t work for me to handle the facebook-postings.
The documentation about layout only looks for the sizes of the images. But it´s not about the size of the image, it´s about the complete posting.

Here are my issues. I have numbered them so if you keep the same numbers in the answers it should be easier to find through it for other users. ;)
All of the issues are related to facebook-postings on fanpages created in the composer and marked as evergreens.

1. Line-Breaks
In the composer I have created a simple message without any link or image. The message contains two linebreaks, so it´s nicer to read.

After saving the posting, the line-breaks are gone. Also there are no line-breaks posted in Facebook. This is just ugly to read.
How can line-breaks be inserted, so they are saved and shown on facebook also?

2. Images without links
I created some posts with images, but no links.

After being transfered to facebook, the image is just vanished. There is a normal status-message in the timeline, but no image attached.
(sorry, I can´t attach a fb-screenshot, because I already deleted the posting)

3. Double Description
I created a posting with a link to a youtube-video and an image attached.

The post-content is pasted two times into facebook: It´s the text itself and also the description-text beside the image.

I have no clue how to change the description-text. When I fill out the text-box "enter post description", the content is nowhere shown. And no matter what I enter where ...the text of the posting is always posted double.

4. Something easy: Facebook default
I would like to really have the easy way of "default-information" in facebook.
Let´s think about the above posting, which is the posting of a youtube-video.
When I simply ONLY place the link into facebook, facebook automatically adds an image and the description from the posted URL.
Then I can add some description-text. This is what I mean:

How can I do it as simple: I only add a link and a text in the composer, and facebook automatically fetches the image and the description from the link.
Somehow possible?

All the best, Julian!
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Julian Wolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #9818 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Facebook Layout
Hi Julian,

Firstly, customer support is only provided through our ticketing system support.extly.com/ . This is a community forum oriented to collaborate and support our free extensions.

1. Line-Breaks By default, AutoTweet and Joocial cleans all special characters. Please, check this FAQ to add them explicitly: How to add new lines to improve Posts and Tweets formatting? www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...nd-tweets-formatting

2. Images without links From the beginning, AutoTweet and Joocial always publish Posts with message, image and link, or message-only Posts. So, this case is in the middle. Please, send us a ticket to test a similar case and review the supported cases. We should be able to add support for the case right away in the upcoming v8.2.1.

3. Double Description and 4. Something easy: Facebook default Facebook Posts have message and description fields and Joocial Composer allows to define them. However, Facebook "Youtube" Posts have their own rules (somewhat annoying). For instance, Facebook auto-loads information from Youtube and there is no easy way to have a similar control than a regular post. So, to force the best layout, Youtube links shouldn't be sent to Facebook.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now