Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Extending Faceted Search to have location search

More
1 year 9 months ago #9951 by Jamnagar Software
Jamnagar Software created the topic: Extending Faceted Search to have location search
Hello,

We are using XTDir Faceted Search module for search directory, but we want to have location search added into this module, can any one please guide us on this, how we can extend it to have location search into XTDir Faceted Search?

I have attached the screen shot for reference.

Thank you,
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9955 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Extending Faceted Search to have location search
Hi,

Faceted search has been created mainly to support touch interfaces, where you can touch and receive search resuls immediately.

If you plan to integrate Google Maps or a similar geomap field (or a text field), it does fit into this category since you need to type each letter and a submit button to perform the search query.

To implement a geo search, we recommend the usual XTDir extended search form:
www.extly.com/xtsobipro/sobipro-extended-search-module.html

DEMO: demo.xtdir.com/modules-for-sobipro/exten...ch-form-modules.html

Regards,

More
1 year 9 months ago #9956 by Jamnagar Software
Jamnagar Software replied the topic: Extending Faceted Search to have location search
Hello,

Yes I have already seen Extended Search, but my client want to use Faceted Search only, so it there any way to implement it on faceted search?

I found some commented code, and I tried to remove the comments and modified the code to show the textbox for location search, as you seen on the above screen shot, but I think its not behaving as expected with regards to result.

So can you please let me know is there any way to achieve it into Faceted Search?

Thank you,

More
1 year 9 months ago #9959 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Extending Faceted Search to have location search
Hello,

We tested the geo search combined with Faceted search, but it didn't work in an intuitive way. At the end, you need to add a search button... recreating a regular search form.

Regards,

More
1 year 9 months ago #9966 by Jamnagar Software
Jamnagar Software replied the topic: Extending Faceted Search to have location search
Hello,

Will that work fine if we add search button at the end? Because, we also want to have a search and reset buttons as well at the end of the form.

Please let me know how I can extend the search to have search and reset button as well.

And one more problem we are facing is that, we are not getting all the categories on drop down for filter, we are missing some categories, what should we keep care for that to have all category listed into category filter drop down? Please provide some details on that as well.

And one more thing, how could we have message "No result found" because otherwise, user will get confused with blank search result. So could please also guide me on that to have "No result found" message as well.

Regards,

More
1 year 9 months ago #9967 by Support Team
Hi,

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system support.extly.com/ . Please, send us a ticket for each topic to answer your questions in an orderly way.

Best regards,

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now