Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Blanc photo on Facebook

More
1 year 6 months ago #10029 by rboersma
rboersma created the topic: Blanc photo on Facebook
Dear reader,

When posting an item on my site, the item is succesfully processed to FB and Twitter. However Twitter shows the image, that comes with the post, and FB shows a blanc picture. Anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?
I searched the forum, and checked all settings which are default, but cannot seem to find the issue. Probably overlooking something.

thanks in advance,

Ruud Boersma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #10030 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Blanc photo on Facebook
Hi, Thanks for contacting us!

Please, check this FAQ:

Facebook shows the wrong image, why?
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...-the-wrong-image-why

Please feel free to reach out anytime. Have a fantastic day!

More
1 year 6 months ago #10031 by rboersma
rboersma replied the topic: Blanc photo on Facebook
HI,

thanks. I found the FB scraper tries toe fetch the info from the old wordpress site. This is a bit strange since I switched the site two weeks ago to en brand new Joomla site on another server with another Ip adres.
So i suppose autotweet posts the content and triggers FB to scrape the image from the website. FB still holds the old DNS info somewhere and tries to scrape from the old website, which offcource fails.
Am i correct, that the issue is with FB? Any idea how to trigger FB to update it's DNS cache:)
best regards,
Ruud Boersma

More
1 year 6 months ago #10032 by rboersma
Found the problem. Had an ipv6 entry in DNS that was pointing to the old site. The FB scrapes works now. Still no picture though. But I think i have to be patient here.

More
1 year 6 months ago #10033 by rboersma
And now the pictures start showing up. Better late than never:)

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now