Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Permission error FB connector

More
1 year 3 months ago #10139 by Pieter
Pieter created the topic: Permission error FB connector
Hi,

I noticed the app I used to use stopped working. After reading through some of your documentation, I found out the new app is using 'pages_manage_instant_articles, pages_show_list' permissions on Facebook. Also see: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...cles-pages-show-list

These permissions however require extended and custom review by Facebook. This is a real pain: you need to create test users, upload a description of why your app needs access to these permissions and even a video screencast to show all the steps the app takes to use the permissions.

Another thing has changed as well: messages posted to Facebook are not shown when still in 'development mode' (eg: no manual review by Facebook has been performed). This wasn't the case earlier.

In short, the connector has become somewhat unusable. Is there a way to work around either this check or the use of these permissions?

Kind regards,
Pieter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #10140 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Permission error FB connector
Hi Pieter,

Facebook introduced Instant Articles as a new way to take advantage of content oriented for mobile users. Joocial incorporates a new channel to support this new feature. As usual, Facebook requires an extended review process to access the new feature. Additionally, Facebook platform usually needs several iterations to polish the process and changes can be expected.

From Autotweet and Joocial side, you can always publish via the regular channels, following the same configuration process.

We have reworded the FAQ to make it clearer:
After latest update I get this error: Invalid Scopes: pages_manage_instant_articles, pages_show_list
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...cles-pages-show-list

To check your particular error, please, contact our support team. We will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now