Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

XT adaptime images not working on Joomla 3.6.5: new installation

More
11 months 1 week ago #10302 by Davide
Davide created the topic: XT adaptime images not working on Joomla 3.6.5: new installation
Hello, I cannot manage to make the plugin work.
I've read several time the guide and quick setup and followed all the steps, but I still can't manage to see my images resized.

- I've installed and activated XT adaptive images, plus selected separate cache for iphone, phones, tablet, etc.;
- I've installed and enabled JotCache changing minimal settings;
- I've set Joomla cache to OFF in Global Configuration, and purged all cache.

As an extra step I've also turned off Cloudflare.
While it wasn't a needed step, I wasn't able to understand what to insert inside CND domain, and found no description or suggestion. So I preferred to just turn it off for testing purposing, before investigating longer on CND domain.

Even so the images are still not resizing.

This is my website www.nomadtravellers.com/ and here it's a mobile preview www.responsinator.com/?url=www.nomadtravellers.com%2F
By clicking on any article linked from the main page you can see that all the images are loaded full size. Same it's happening from my android phone and other screenshot services online.

Since all the images have specified a fixed height and width, am I supposed to strip those value? As far as I understood it shouldn't be required.

Maybe I should wait longer in order for the deactivation of Cloudflare to be effective? I don't think so, it was turned off a couple of hours ago, but maybe it is.

Is there any known incompatibility with the latest version of joomla, or am I missing something?
Thank you, Davide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #10305 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: XT adaptime images not working on Joomla 3.6.5: new installation
Hi,

We have checked your site with a device and it is showing adapted images. Example:

www.nomadtravellers.com/media/xt-adaptiv...ng-IMGP5864-HDR3.jpg

Best regards,

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #10308 by Davide
Davide replied the topic: XT adaptime images not working on Joomla 3.6.5: new installation
Thank you for the answer, but it looks like the plugin is still not working as i would expect.
I've to delet manually the height and width from the first photo of this article www.nomadtravellers.com/backpacking/105-...house-sitting-greece in order to make it work, and this wasn't mentioned in the documentation.

Now on mobile it does select the correct size of the image, but not from my laptop.
Even if the width of the box is 620px, it loads the original photo at 1200px from the folder www.nomadtravellers.com/images/articles rather than from www.nomadtravellers.com/media/xt-adaptive-images instead of the resized one.
My settings are 1200,620,480,320,160. Is that due to the fact that the image size is chosen according to the screen resolution and not to the box size? In that case I should limit my settings to 620,480,320,160, otherwise it would always load a 1200px image on a 620px space.
I also lose the possibility to click on the photo to see the full size image. Is there any way to integrate this function with the plugin?

Could you confirm that I have to remove manually all the Height and Width attributes of the photos in order for it to work, since this is not mentioned in the documentation?

Also, while I'm not expecting any research from your side, just in case you already know what's the CND domain for cloudflare, that would be helpful. Thank you, Davide
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Davide.

More
11 months 6 days ago #10311 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: XT adaptime images not working on Joomla 3.6.5: new installation
Hi,

For better results, we always test with real devices. We have verified several times that a desktop does not simulate/report a screen device accurately.

About the screen size vs box size, the plugin can't detect the box size (only the browser knows it after the page rendering). The plugin only knows the browser screen size.

About the Height and Width attributes removal, yes, nowadays it is a general recommendation to avoid the attribute hardcoding (unless you are sure that an image has to be shown in a specific size).

About cloudflare CDN, it should be defined in your Control Panel. It is not a fixed Url for everyone.

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now