Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Open Graph image on Facebook

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #10463 by Irene
Irene created the topic: Open Graph image on Facebook
Hello,
I have been using the free version of AutoTweet NG but I encounter some a problem lately and I was wondering if the paid version could help me solving the following issue. The last few days the image displayed in FB posts is the wrong one. I would like to use the intro image but what I get is the first banner image of the site. I checked my page at FB debugger and got the warning "The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags."
I would really appreciate to know how could I solve the trouble mentioned above.
Thank you
Irene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #10464 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Open Graph image on Facebook
Hi Irene, Thanks for contacting us!

Yes, you are right.

On July 18th, 2017, Facebook changed how the picture field is loaded. Since this date, when you share a link with Facebook API, the value of picture, name, caption, thumbnail, description is taken from the OpenGraph Tags. This change has already been reported as bug, for more information: On sharing a URL the picture, name, caption, thumbnail and description set manually is ignored developers.facebook.com/bugs/165375244006359/

We have updated our FAQs to reflect the change. For more information:

To sum up: In the past, Open Graph tags was a good practice to guide how pages were shared from your site. Now, it's necessary to implement Open Graph tags when Facebook does not load the right image.

We are monitoring if Facebook "fixes" this definition since several developers (11) are reporting this change as a bug. At this point, Facebook has closed all bugs, and the new definition is final.

From our side, we are also looking into the possibility of submitting the image with a different method and/or improving how the Open Graph tag plugin works.

Please let us know if you have any other question and we will be happy to help out.

Best Regards,
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Support Team.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #10465 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: Open Graph image on Facebook
One additional note, AutoTweet Facebook OpenGraph Tags plugin is included in AutoTweetNG PRO and Joocial. For more information: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...en-graph-tags-plugin

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now