Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

facebook post no image

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10466 by sabu hanish
sabu hanish created the topic: facebook post no image
Hi,
I am using autotweetng 8.11 version. Lately what I have noticed is that, the posts to facebook channel is not posting images. But when I change the channel from facebook to facebook photo, the images in the article are getting displayed in the facebook channel.
But with that I loose the ability to show intro descriptions to the post.And the post shows only the title and the image. Has anyone else faced this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10467 by Support Team
Support Team replied the topic: facebook post no image
Hi, Thanks for contacting us!

On July 18th, 2017, Facebook changed how the picture field is loaded. Since this date, when you share a link with Facebook API, the value of picture, name, caption, thumbnail, description is taken from the OpenGraph Tags. This change has already been reported as bug, for more information: On sharing a URL the picture, name, caption, thumbnail and description set manually is ignored developers.facebook.com/bugs/165375244006359/

We have updated our FAQs to reflect the change. For more information:

To sum up: In the past, Open Graph tags was a good practice to guide how pages were shared from your site. Now, it's necessary to implement Open Graph tags when Facebook does not load the right image.

We are monitoring if Facebook "fixes" this definition since several developers (11) are reporting this change as a bug. At this point, Facebook has closed all bugs, and the new definition is final.

From our side, we are also looking into the possibility of submitting the image with a different method and/or improving how the Open Graph tag plugin works.

Please let us know if you have any other question and we will be happy to help out.

Best Regards,

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10468 by sabu hanish
sabu hanish replied the topic: facebook post no image
Hi,
I got a message from extly saying that in lieu of the present issue with facebook, you have come up with new updates to Autotweet extensions and that they have released version 8.14. Is the issue resolved in the new release? I tried updating the version without any change to actual issue.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #10469 by Support Team
Hi,

To clarify, Facebook has changed how it creates the Posts.

In the past, Facebook API was able to publish full posts. An extension could publish any post, with different images or descriptions. Open Graph tags were optional, to improve the content of your site.

Now, Facebook API allows publishing part of a post and you have to implement Open Graph tags on your site to get a similar result.

In AutoTweetNG PRO and Joocial 8.14, we have improved how the Facebook Open Graph tag plugin generates the tags. For more information: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...tion/open-graph-tags

Hope this helps! Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Best Regards,
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Support Team.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10470 by Tomislav
Tomislav replied the topic: facebook post no image
hi,
just to be clear AutoTweetNG Free does NOT have OG tags generating capability?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10471 by Support Team
Hi,

You are right. AutoTweetNG Free does not include the advanced "Facebook Open Graph Tags plugin" to generate the tags based on the processed posts, a.k.a Smart Generator www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...tags#smart-generator

If you are looking for free alternatives to Facebook Open Graph Tags plugin (that is included in AutoTweetNG PRO and Joocial), you can Test Your Markup ( developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters#testing ) and adjust the articles to generate the content in a way that Facebook crawler automatically loads the right image.

Let us know if you have any further questions or if we can help in any way.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now