Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook autorization issue

More
9 months 1 week ago #10784 by Support Team
Hi,

At this point, Facebook authorizes each Business, case by case. They can even ask for a Business Verification.

All these issues and platform changes have been triggered by the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal. They have started in May, and it is unknown if they are stopping here or if they are going to add more platform changes. For instance, since they have started with the App Review, they have been promising faster response times, but they are still on 7 weeks.

In July, you can work with Facebook App API v2.*, and you can submit the App Review to be ready for the August.

Best Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #10785 by M.E. Pliester

Support Team wrote: Hi,

At this point, Facebook authorizes each Business, case by case. They can even ask for a Business Verification.

All these issues and platform changes have been triggered by the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal. They have started in May, and it is unknown if they are stopping here or if they are going to add more platform changes. For instance, since they have started with the App Review, they have been promising faster response times, but they are still on 7 weeks.

In July, you can work with Facebook App API v2.*, and you can submit the App Review to be ready for the August.

Best Regards,

I understand, all request are done and sealed. However the APP is not approved. I included a video and an explaination. It's not clear for me how I can use APIv2 instead of V3.

More
9 months 1 week ago #10786 by Support Team
Hi,

If your App is already on API v3, then you have to wait for the Facebook response.

Regards,

More
9 months 1 week ago #10787 by M.E. Pliester

Support Team wrote: Hi,

If your App is already on API v3, then you have to wait for the Facebook response.

Regards,

Clear, that's why I did not see that option.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #10789 by crossbow
I've been using the extension for some time now, do I still have to create a test app for the review? Or can I do it on the actual working app?
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by crossbow.

More
9 months 6 days ago #10791 by Support Team
Hi,

Yes, it is better to submit the App Review based o a Test App. In general, it is better to test based on a Test App. You can create it simply, associate it with the Live App and your tests are not going to be published in any way or affect the internal controls that Facebook does.

Best Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: crossbow

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now