Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

XT WorkBook for Joomla Problem (Not Working....)

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #10988 by its4yougr
Hello
I downloaded from extly.com ( www.extly.com/downloads/xt-workbox-for-joomla.html ) website the pkg_workboxforjoomla ver 7.0 so that I can "install" a service worker on a multilingual website build with Joomla 3.9.1 ( luxorsuites.com/site/ ). I have tried different combinations on the configuration of the plugin System - XT Workbox but everything failed....Sometimes it shows a manifest file and it never registers service worker. In the Chrome LightHouse I get:
1. Current page does not respond with a 200 when offline
2. start_url does not respond with a 200 when offline : No usable web app manifest found on page.
3. Is not configured for a custom splash screen : Failures: Manifest does not have a PNG icon of at least 512px.
4. Does not set an address-bar theme color : Failures: No `<meta name="theme-color">` tag found.
Even though I have configured the manifest file in the manifest tab of the plugin.....
I understand that you probably don't support the specific plugin but where I can get support for that?
Is there some manual that I can use?
Any other forum member has the same problem?
Please help......

Thank you in advance
George
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by its4yougr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #10989 by Support Team
Hi,

XT Workbox for Joomla v0.0.7 is currently experimental. It requires extensive knowledge about how Joomla and Workbox work internally.

We have used the extension to cache assets in web apps projects.

At this point, it is not possible to simplify how it works and create a stable extension and recommend it for general usage.

Best Regards

More
3 months 6 days ago #10993 by its4yougr
Hi and thank you for your reply.
In other words it doesn't work ???
Because it's listed here at the Joomla Extensions Directory ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/xt-workbox-for-joomla/ )
Do you know any other extension that would support PWA multilingual Joomla websites except ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/progressive-web-app/ ) and ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/progress...web-application-pwa/ ) which are not free?

Thanks
George

More
3 months 6 days ago #10994 by Support Team
Hi,

The extension works fine. It adds to the site a manifest and the required script. The plugin provides the first layer to put a solution in place.

To build a full solution, a full project is required to produce the content and consume it on the front-end in the way that WorkBox requires.

Best Regards

More
3 months 6 days ago #10995 by its4yougr
Hi
The truth is that I don't know much about PWA and how the browsers work with that. I just can follow instructions....
Wen you say "The plugin provides the first layer to put a solution in place" what do you mean?
Also when you say "To build a full solution, a full project is required to produce the content and consume it on the front-end in the way that WorkBox requires." what do you mean by "Full solution and a full project"? How do you make those? Any instructions to follow?
Thanks
Best Regards

More
3 months 4 days ago #10997 by Support Team
Hi,

WorkBox requires a piece of good knowledge about how PWA works. In particular, what content or assets must be cached, when they must be invalidated, how to deliver the invalidation, etc. A full solution for a CMS has to define all these points. In our view, it is not possible to address all of them with an extension.

Best Regards

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now