# How to Autopost from Joomla! to Google My Business
In this tutorial, we will show how you can auto-post from Joomla! to Google My Business.
Google verification is required to continue. The use of My Business API must be allowlisted and granted. Do NOT continue with the tutorial unless Google has already verified the business.
- Perfect Publisher 9 or superior
- A Google My Business account
Once you have checked the prerequisites, proceed with step 1.
# STEP 1: Download and install Perfect Publisher
Download the extension from Extly's Download Area (opens new window), unzip and install Perfect Publisher PRO in Joomla! backend with the standard procedure.
About Perfect Publisher updates: Install the update with the same procedure.
Once you have proceeded with the installation:
-Perfect Publisher component has been installed -System plugin - Perfect Publisher Automator has been installed and enabled to process new content and posts every 3 minutes -System plugin - Perfect Publisher for Joomla! Content (Articles) has been installed and enabled to publish Joomla! content.
Remember to assign your Download ID to enable all features.
# STEP 2: Create a Google application
To enable the Google My Business API, you must complete the following steps:
- Enable APIs And Services
- Configure the API Key
- Configure the OAuth client ID
- Configure the OAuth consent screen (optional)
This is a sample configuration screenshot of a configured API:
# STEP 2.1: Enable APIs And Services
Login at Google APIs Console (opens new window).
Create or select the Project, for instance, "My Site", and go to + ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES. Search for "Google My Business API", "My Business Account Management API", "My Business Business Information API" and enable the APIs.
The three APIs must be enabled to make the integration work:
- Google My Business API: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusiness.googleapis.com/overview (opens new window)
- My Business Account Management API: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusinessaccountmanagement.googleapis.com/overview (opens new window)
- My Business Business Information API: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/mybusinessbusinessinformation.googleapis.com/overview (opens new window)
# STEP 2.2: Create the Credentials
Once the Google My Business API is enabled, go to create the Credentials:
# Create an API Key
Create +CREATE CREDENTIALS => OAuth client ID => Create OAuth client ID => Web application
- Restrict the API Key to your site and Google My Business API
# Create an OAuth 2.0 Client IDs
- Create +CREATE CREDENTIALS / OAuth client ID
- Fill in the following fields:
- Authorized redirect URIs. For our site: https://news.extly.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_autotweet
Take note of your credentials:
- Client ID. It must be entered in the channel configuration.
- Client secret. It must be entered in the channel configuration.
- API Key
# STEP 3: Create and authorize a social channel
Go to the Perfect Publisher Control panel, select the Channels tab to create a new Google My Business channel. On Channel Tab, click on New, select the Channel Type.
Complete the credentials. Save. Click on "Step 1: Authorize"
Accept the permissions dialog, and you will be redirected back to the site.
Click on "Validate". The Access Token and User ID will be filled and save.
Perfect Publisher is ready to publish!
A new authorization Access Token has been granted.
A new Google My Business Channel has been created.
By default, all new articles are going to be published on Google My Business.
# STEP 4: Create a test article
- Create an article
- Check the Request list
- Wait 3 minutes, visit the front page
- Check the Posts list
- Check Google My Business.