Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

AutoTweetNG Free: Change of URL?

• Dragonrider
  • Dragonrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 5 days ago #10671 by Dragonrider
AutoTweetNG Free: Change of URL? was created by Dragonrider
Hi, hope someone can offer some advice please.

I am using AutoTweetNG Free 8.19.0 on a server with one of my domains. What I would like to be able to do is rather than have this domain/site/link type url appear on my Twitter feed, is to get AutoTweetNG to use site/link as a url if that makes any sense.

I've tried the change the Base URl in the options tabs, but that failed and even pointed to the admin side of the Joomla site.

Specific example: Domain hosted at wharfedalefestival.co.uk/iga/ the domain i'd like AutoTweet to use is ilkleygardeners.org.uk

Thank you for any ideas and suggestions in advance.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 days ago #10672 by Support Team
Hi, Thanks for reaching out!

It is not possible to change the domain in AutoTweetNG Free.

On the other hand, we are currently checking if it is possible on AutoTweetNG PRO/Joocial. Since these versions run a cron job command, the domain is only defined in a configuration field. So, in theory, it could be changed before the cron job execution.

Best regards,

• Dragonrider
  • Dragonrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 3 days ago #10673 by Dragonrider
Replied by Dragonrider on topic AutoTweetNG Free: Change of URL?
Shame, but thank you for letting me know. Appreciated and I won't waste my time trying to mess things up to see if it could be possible. :-)

More
1 year 3 days ago #10674 by Support Team
Hi,

Not a shame at all. Joomla is not a multi-domain system. So, you can only support such configuration with a good set of tricks and specific extensions to support multiple domains.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragonrider

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now