Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Facebook autorization issue

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #10769 by nickt
Replied by nickt on topic Facebook autorization issue
So if i get it right, in case we are on Facebook API v2.* there is no rush for submitting the App for review before August 1st?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #10770 by Support Team
Hi,

At this point, it seems that Facebook is enforcing the App Review only for API v3.0 (or superior) and in August they are removing only some permissions not related with post publishing (user_friends, user_link, user_gender, user_age_range). We are receiving notifications only for this permission removal.

Since the platform changes are still ongoing, we are monitoring the news. Facebook is processing Ap Reviews very slowly. So, it is not clear if they plan to work in this way for the long haul, or they plan to change the process again to speed the process.

Best Regards,

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #10771 by nickt
Replied by nickt on topic Facebook autorization issue
Thank you for the update!
That's good news for everyone that is on API v2.x and I will wait for the final guide as soon as it is ready.

Regards

More
10 months 1 week ago #10781 by Support Team
Hi,

IMPORTANT: Facebook has published an article with clarifications about the requirement for App Reviews for all Apps.

developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/0...adlines-approaching/

We want to remind you of an upcoming App Review submission deadline for Facebook Login permissions, as well as announce an App Review submission deadline for 2 APIs. The summary of deadlines is below, with additional details following.

August 1, 2018: deadline to re-request: Facebook Login permissions outside of email and default; access to Pages API, Groups API, Events API, Messenger API, Instagram API, and Business Manager API...

Please, check the following tutorials to prepare and submit the App Review:

An App Review Study Case
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...pp-review-study-case

How to AutoTweet from Joomla! to Facebook
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...m-joomla-to-facebook

Please, let us know if the tutorials help to prepare and submit the App Review.

Best Regards,

More
10 months 1 week ago #10782 by M.E. Pliester
How can I use Api V2?

I ordered your product (after I used the free one) but after 6 weeks FB denied access for my 'APP'. My client is furious and threating to go to another agency. Howcome FB made this so complicated, and why are they calling it an APP. It's just a frewaking plugin that posts my clients OWN posts to FB that he has to do manually now.

More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #10783 by M.E. Pliester
Why can't facebook just approve your extension, period!

P.S. I'm logged in, why do I have to click to about 20!!! Google captcha images everytime before I can post!!

Support Team wrote: Hi,

IMPORTANT: Facebook has published an article with clarifications about the requirement for App Reviews for all Apps.

developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/0...adlines-approaching/

We want to remind you of an upcoming App Review submission deadline for Facebook Login permissions, as well as announce an App Review submission deadline for 2 APIs. The summary of deadlines is below, with additional details following.

August 1, 2018: deadline to re-request: Facebook Login permissions outside of email and default; access to Pages API, Groups API, Events API, Messenger API, Instagram API, and Business Manager API...

Please, check the following tutorials to prepare and submit the App Review:

An App Review Study Case
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...pp-review-study-case

How to AutoTweet from Joomla! to Facebook
www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/t...m-joomla-to-facebook

Please, let us know if the tutorials help to prepare and submit the App Review.

Best Regards,

Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by M.E. Pliester.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now