Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

Cannot create a Facebook channel any more

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #10747 by Support Team
Hi,

The new Facebook App Review process has many grey areas. Facebook has implemented the process in a very short time as an answer to the privacy concerns and it is impacting everyone. For instance, it is not clear how they can tolerate a delay of 4-8 weeks for creating an App that in the past could have been created and published in minutes.

Particularly, in our case, we are Page Administrators publishing posts to our Pages. This case is not exactly the "automatic posts" for regular users that Facebook is banning. We understand that the "automatic posts" rule refers to posts that are created in the name of regular users but without any human interaction and prefilling the post with static texts.

In the App Reviews that we are submitting, we are documenting the simplest use case of publishing the posts from the Composer to a Page.

Best Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #10748 by Doug Deitel
I too am among the many who have been caught in the Facebook App approval trap. My biggest problem is in just submitting an app for approval. Facebook asks that I create a "video" showing how the app is to be used by "users". Huh? Really???

The way I am using Joocial now is: when I post new content on one of my sites, Joocial tweets to twitter and posts to Facebook (Title, text, image). There are no users involved and there is no way a user even sees the Facebook app. Since it all happens in the background from a cron job... how do I meet the Facebook requirement of uploading a video?

Has anyone successfully gone through this process yet? Joocial is such a great extension and so essential for efficient site and social media management... I am hoping for a solution to emerge quickly....

Thanks.

More
10 months 1 week ago #10751 by Support Team
Hi,

According to Facebook for Developers page, "current estimate on app approval times, is 6-8 weeks. This can vary depending on the volume of submissions from week to week, as well as whether a submission is complex to test." (2018-06-01).

So, since they have started with the new process, according to the approval times, there are only a few approved Apps (and many submitted Apps with no feedback).

Facebook Apps on v2.* will work until May 1, 2020. So, if you have any App on these versions, you can continue working with a single App to post to pages that you manage.

Best Regards,

More
10 months 1 week ago #10752 by Philippe COBESSI
Why Extly is waiting to developp a feature like in Social Backlinks, i.e an Automatic app to make Facebook publishing extremely easy ?
But Social Backlinks got an important lack of functionnality : vidéos from HWD Media share. ( and other plugins)
If i say that, i say nothing..
Rgds
Piluche

More
10 months 1 week ago #10753 by Support Team
Hi,

As far as we know, all extensions integrating Facebook API has the same impact of the new App Review process. Facebook has imposed the new rules on everyone.

If someone offers an alternative to the official API, then it is based on a hack or a proxy (a server that publishes with your user and password impersonating you).

A long time ago, we decided to avoid hacks/proxies to publish posts and only use the official APIs. For more info: www.extly.com/docs/autotweetng_joocial/i...-to-x-social-network

Best Regards,

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #10764 by Doug Deitel
Well... I am still agonizing over how to pass the new Facebook App Review process.... one of the instructions from Facebook states:

A member of our review team will test how your app uses publish_pages. Please give them detailed step-by-step instructions for how to see this permission the same way people using your app would. Same instructions for the other element manage_pages.

Here is what I intend to submit as part of my Facebook approval process... that is once I figure out how to make a screencast! Before I start messing around creating some type of video, I welcome any comments from other members or the support team on whether you think what I have written is going to pass:

HERE ARE MY STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
"I am the owner and webmaster for www.3cushionbilliards.com . My Facebook page is all about my website. My website publishes news and stories about the game of 3-cushion billiards. The App will be used through the administrative software that enables me to compose posts and schedule when I want them to go on Facebook. This process is only available to me and remains hidden from the public. The process I use is:

1. Login as administrator.
2. Go to the Joocial Software component
3. Click on the Composer Tab
4. Where it reads "Enter Message: add a title and introductory text for the post
5. Click the Link icon to add a message link to the original article page
6. Click the Image icon to select an image related to the article
7. Click the Calendar icon to schedule when the post should go out
8. Click Save

When the selected time arrives the post is made to Facebook."

My plan is to make a screencast/video of me going through that process. Can anyone say if this is in fact an acceptable use for the Facebook App as presented? Has anyone gone through the process and received approval? Thanks...

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now