Looking for Customer Service & Support

IMPORTANT: This is a Community Forum. Answers are given by the community. If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service.

Customer Support is only provided through our ticketing system https://support.extly.com/. If you do not have a paid membership, please create a new topic in the community forum.

empty user agent string bot and AutoTweetNG

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10961 by Nidzo
I noticed high bandwidth caused by bot that identifying self as empty user agent string 7,474 hits 514.35 MB since begining of month. If I block it in .htaccess, AutoTweetNG generates non-SEF URL (...index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=...).
What is relation between this bot and AutoTweetNG and why so high bandwidth produced?

Site has 5000 articles and every day we add 3-5 new articles.
Does Polling Interval is related with issue above? If it does, what is optimal interval for polling?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #10964 by Support Team
Hi, Thanks for contacting us!

Joomla has the front-end site and the back-end site. The back-end site does not have a way to know the final URL of the content items. To overcome this limitation, AutoTweet sends queries to the front-end site to generate the permanent links of the posts.

There are cases where even in the front-end site, it is better to send an independent query to generate the permanent links. Since these are internal queries, they don't generate real connections on a regular site.

You can adjust this setting in Options/Advanced/Routing mode. By default, Compatibility. Please, test the setting on Performance mode.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Best Regards

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #10970 by Nidzo
I think you misunderstood me. This is scenario:
1. In Joomla backend I create article and publish it
2. AutoTweetNG automatically generates Request
3a. If "empty user agent string" bot is blocked in .htaccess AutoTweetNG generates non-SEF URL
example: banija.rs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18815:lorem-ipsum&catid=69:najave-dogadjaja
3b. If "empty user agent string" bot is allowed in .htaccess AutoTweetNG generates SEF URL
example: banija.rs/najave-dogadjaja/18816-lorem-ipsum-dolor.html

bot is blocked with
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^$" bad_bot
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all 
Deny from env=bad_bot

It is obvious that there is relation between AutoTweetNG and blocking empty user agent string bot. Is there any chance to have this bot blocked and have SEF URL-s generated with AutoTweetNG.

Joomla 3.9.1
AutoTweetNG 8.23.1

Regards!
Nikola
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Nidzo.

More
4 months 1 week ago #10971 by Support Team
Hi,

We have defined a user agent for the routing queries. This enhancement will solve your issue.

It will be available in the next release.

If you are a Customer, please, Open New Issue to get access to the support service and send you a build for you.

Best Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nidzo

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Join the Club!

Access and support services to all Extly's extensions for 1-Year. The Extly Club is your source for all of our extensions.

Join Now