The release of Joomla 4 Beta 1 has launched the effort to prepare our extensions and websites to the new iteration of the platform.
The new major version of Joomla is coming with an astounding set of features:
- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye: An easier, faster and more user-friendly install process
- Brand new User Interfaces: (backend and frontend): intuitive and logical, easy to understand and use
- Joomla is people first: We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1)
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager: With a clear and logical User Interface and built-in image editing options.
- A new Workflow: Manage your content in an advanced and customisable way.
- Web Services: Make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation.
- Cast-iron security features: Features like support for prepared SQL statements, so your website stays safe and secure.
- HTML Mail Templates: Customisation of the emails, sending emails from your site has never been so easy!
- Improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI): For smooth integration of your components
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase: The code has been cleaned up thoroughly, all Joomla 3.x deprecated functions have been removed, and we use PHP namespaces, enabling developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS.
- An enhanced event dispatching system
- And much more!
The path to modernisation
From Extly, we are closely following these developments to guide our technology decisions. On September 2019, we defined the road, and we can affirm now that we continue in the same direction.
- Full compatibility with Joomla 3 and Joomla 4.
- Multiple CMS Support.
- Compatibility with Tailwind CSS for Joomla (Performance 99%)
- Seamless integration with PHP Composer libraries.
Our featured extensions follow these guidelines: AutoTweetNG and Joocial, XT Search for Algolia, XT Adaptive Images, and XT YouTube Optimizer; and we expect to publish new products based on the same techniques.
We are laser-focused on building modern web experiences on mobile devices and desktop. One step at a time, we are delivering now products ready for this challenge. You can check the results in our latest design update, live on our main website: https://www.extly.com and these are the top performance results of the current Home:
If you are interested in achieving similar results, check our solutions, do not hesitate to contact us and keep an eye on the next releases.
To the moon!