General Joomla search for SobiPro!
"Search Plugin is a Joomla search plugin. It extends the core Joomla search engine to support SobiPro entries."
In a nutshell
- Joomla Search engine, support for integrated core search.
- Support for ONE Section
- Category search and navigation.
- Full Text Search, to take advantage of MySQL Full-Text search indexes.
If you are renewing, please log in with your current account before the purchase.
Only Joomla v1.5 (not recommended): legacy SobiPro Search Plugin v1.5.3 (deprecated / test it first in a development site) Download/Donate prsobipro-v1.5.3.zip
Pricing and Value Packs
** Joomla 1.5 is gone (since september 2012), however if you still have your site in this version, you can download and implement the old compatible versions. We still provide the download, but they do not have bugfixes or active support.
All paid memberships include upgrade & support for unlimited sites, ticket support http://support.extly.com.
Examples & Demos
Please, check it here in the demo site, where you can find it applied to the classic SobiPro business and cars directories.
The configurations are shown from the SobiPro Search Plugin+ (Plus), with two sections. The simple SobiPro Search plugin only allows ONE Section.
- Core Joomla Search support
- Category Filter support (sid_list parameter)
- Empty Search support (no keywords)
- Full Text Search option
- Empty Search Mode, in Joomla(*) Search
- Custom Order for results list
- Full control for performance tuning
These are the main parameters:
- Section - Identification of catalog.
- Search Fields - Identification of search fields.
- Search Limit - The number of Search items to return.
- Search into username - Search into username from Joomla users table.
- Search into name - Search into name from Joomla users table.
- Title Fields - In Joomla Search mode, by default, the name of each entry is shown as result title. This setting allows to define a new field, for each section, as result title. (one for each section)
- Description Fields - Description Fields for the results (one for each section).
- Categories Filter - Restriction of search categories.The plugin also receives a custom parameter sid_list, so you can restrict the categories on-the-fly.
- Menu - Menu Item Identification to set a results page context.
- Enable Full-Text Search - Enable Full-Text Search Check the online documentation.
- Full-Text Search QUERY EXPANSION - Enable Full-Text Search WITH QUERY EXPANSION.
- SQL_BIG_SELECTS - Advanced setting just in case the query gets bigger than MySQL limit.
- Query Custom Order (optional) - Experimental, SQL field names to customize query order, please debug it.
- Debug - Debug Mode.
- Joomla 2.5
- Still Joomla 1.5 (until September 2012)
- License: GNU General Public License v3.0
- Usage license will never expire. You can use the software FOREVER.
- Unlimited sites or domains.
- Download new versions and major/minor uprades during the subscription period.
- You can use the software on ALL YOUR sites under the terms of GPLv3.
- No part of our source code is encoded.
- Fix: Fixed installer for table creation.
- Feature: Full review on Indexer and Search plugin.
- Feature: Native SobiPro SEF support
- Minor fix: To avoid warning "tree doesn't exist"
Updates in 3.2.0 - October 2012
- Feature: New configuration lists
- Not compatible with Joomla 1.5
Updates in 3.1.0 - August 2012
- Feature:Allow Guest entries in results list
- Feature:Only Approved entries in results list
- Feature:Customize result title field
- Full Code Review, Joomla Coding Standard compliant
Updates in 2.0.5
- Feature: Joomla 2.5 Multi-Language Support
- Feature: Url Routing Support
Updates in 2.0.4
- Feature: Multi-parent entry support
Updates in 2.0.3
- FIX: "Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context"
Updates in 2.0.2
- Feature: Empty search box mode (Check Extended Search Module, with Empty search box mode)
Updates in 2.0.1
- Feature: Joomla 1.5 compatibility review
- Feature: Results randomization
Updates in 2.0.0
- Feature: Category List Filter
- Feature: FieldName Table Tuning
Updates in 1.0.7
- Feature: Optimization for MySQL InnoDB
- Feature: Parameters validation
Updates in 1.0.6
- Bug: Minor fix to one-field restriction
Updates in 1.0.5
- Feature: Main query improvement
Updates in 1.0.4
- Bug: split() deprecated, replaced with explode()
Updates in 1.0.3
- Bug: Full-Text Search Warning, Thanks Adrien
- Bug: SEF and pid fix, Thanks Adrien
- Bug: Params Messages - Thanks Bruno
- Feature: Swedish Translation, Thanks JOKR Solutions
- Feature: Description Field List
- Feature: Basic Params and Advanced Params configuration - Thanks Bruno
- Feature: More Results Warning message - Thanks Bruno
- Feature: Experimental Advanced Query Order - Thanks Matt
Updates in 1.0 beta
- Initial release