"Promoted Entries allows to promote specific entries according to a priority."
In a nutshell
The business objective is to manage the catalog to advertise entries as ads, but keeping a "Consistent Directory Structure". Entries are promoted according to 3 Tiers:
- Top Entries, entries are shown on top of every list, no matter if they are not natural results
- Promoted Entries, entries are shown under the Top entries, but before the rest of the remaining entries.
- Remaining Entries, the rest of non-prioritized entries.
- Advertising Algorithm, Random, Hits, or Multi-armed bandit.
- Selection Field, add a "Premium" administrative field to choose the featured entries.
If you are renewing, please log in with your current account before the purchase.
** Joomla 1.5 is gone (since september 2012), however if you still have your site in this version, you can download and implement the old compatible versions. We still provide the download, but they do not have bugfixes or active support.
All paid memberships include upgrade & support for unlimited sites, ticket support http://support.extly.com.
Examples & Demos
Please, check it here in the demo site, where you can find the classic SobiPro business directory.
Navigation and Search results in the SobiPro Component are modified. The App allows to promote entries to the top of the list. Example:
- Prieco Technology is always on top (no matter if it's not originally included).
- Followed by Neo Electronics and N-Communications promoted entries (only shown if they are logical results).
- The promoted results are ordered by Multi-Armed Bandit algorithm (I can't resist cool algorithms).
Check the Example
The App has several ways to show the results list. The Priority defines the algorithm to be applied to sort the promoted entries.
- Entries are ordered by SobiPro component
- Top Random + Promoted Random
- All entries are shown in random order, promoted entries before remaining entries.
- Top Hits + Promoted Random
- Promoted entries are sorted by Hits. The rest of entries are shown in random order.
- Top Multi-armed bandit + Promoted Random
- Promoted entries are sorted by Multi-armed bandit (10% Random, 90% ordered by Hits... cool stuff). The rest of entries are shown in random order.
How it works: the App is installed in SobiPro. It works on events associated with Search and Categories Navigation to change the results default order according to the definition.
Promoted Entries is based on SobiPro triggers to change section, category, or search results lists. It can improve the entries order according to the priorities where SobiPro allows to change it. Alphabetic or Page navigation, the pages are created by SobiPro. The App can show the Top or Promoted entries in each page. E.g. an entry can be promoted in the page or letter where it's included, but it can't be moved to the first page or a different letter page (breaking the consistent directory structure).
These are the parameters of the App:
- Top Entries List, the top entries to be shown ALWAYS on the top of every list of entries, no matter if they are not included in the results.
- Top Entries Selection Field, define the administrative field and the filter value
- Promoted Entries List, the promoted entries to be shown on the second tier of entries.
- Promoted Entries Selection Field, define the administrative field and the filter value
- Priority, Default, Random+Random, Hits+Random, or Multi-armed bandit+Random.
Debug: to inspect how the App works, you can enable the Debug mode. It generates a log file in the logs/ directory, where you can review the original list of entries and how the App changes the list.
- Joomla 2.5
- Still Joomla 1.5 (until September 2012)
- License: GNU General Public License v3.0
- Usage license will never expire. You can use the software FOREVER.
- Unlimited sites or domains.
- Download new versions and major/minor uprades during the subscription period.
- You can use the software on ALL YOUR sites under the terms of GPLv3.
- No part of our source code is encoded.
Updates in 2.2.4
- Improvement: Radio Selection Field for Top and Promoted Entries
Updates in 2.2.3
- Minor fix to restore the Search case
Updates in 2.2.2
- Feature review and optimization
Updates in 2.0.0
- Feature: Selection Field and filter value for Top and Promoted Entries
Updates in 1.1.1
- Feature: Debug Mode, to generate a log file.
- Code Review, Joomla Coding Standard compliant
Updates in 1.1.0
- Feature: Section Parameters.
- Feature: Promoted entries in section area.
Updates in 1.0.0
- Initial release.