Created: Monday, 20 October 2014 18:26
We have just released Joocial v7.4.3 Beta. This version comes with the first prototype of the Social Composer.
What is the Social Composer?
It is a brand new tool to manually create social posts for Joomla!. It is integrated with whole AutoTweet - Joocial hub, thus content requests follow the same rules and integrated social channels for publishing.
This a full Application to navigate requests and create new posts. The editor has the full set of features of AutoTweetNG or Joocial:
- Publishing Options
- Evergreen Posts
- Channel Selection
- Post Scheduling, Agenda and Calendars
- Post Repeats
From a technical point view, the new tool is an AngularJS application, living in its own right inside the Joomla! ecosystem, integrated with all extension enabled by AutoTweetNG and Joocial.
Right now, the Beta version includes a non-functional editor to show the upcoming features. To check it, you can download and update your site to this version, or review the following screenshots.
Publishing Options and Evergreen Posts
Post Scheduling, Agenda and Calendars
Thank you for your support and feedback!
Created: Tuesday, 07 October 2014 13:32
October 17th, 2014 is our next Joomla! PBF event and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
- The key goal is to fix as many Joomla 3 and Joomla 2.5 bugs as possible.
- The event is an all-day global event for virtual participants, with local venues wherever they are organized.
- The event is open to both businesses and individuals.
We've dubbed the event as a Business PBF, since it's on a weekday (Friday) and we'd like to get more businesses involved. We've created badges that you can use on your sites to spread awareness of the event and get recognition for your participation.
Furthermore, we'd like to give you more recognition and highlight your pledge of participation by placing your logo and a link to your site on this landing page. To be listed on this landing page, please submit this form.
Created: Tuesday, 30 September 2014 13:40
Innovation inside, Images for Responsive Designs!
In our migration to a new Joomla 3 platform, we faced with a problem and we found a novel solution!
PROBLEM: How do you migrate images from an Joomla! site and send the just-right number of pixels to a smaller device without consuming excessive bandwidth?
SOLUTION: XT Adaptive Images
XT Adaptive Imagesfor Joomla is a port of adaptive-images.comscript for Joomla!
Adaptive Images detects your visitor's screen size and automatically creates, caches, and delivers device appropriate re-scaled versions of your web page's embeded HTML images. No mark-up changes needed. It is intended for use with Responsive Designs and to be combined with Fluid Image techniques.
- Works on your existing site
- Requires no mark-up changes
- Device agnostic
- Mobile-first philosophy
- Easy & powerful customisations
- Faster Page Loads & Reduced Server Load, easy integration with a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Created: Friday, 05 September 2014 00:44
We have come a long way, and now we are reaching 45+ integrated extensions in our new edition of the Compatibility Chart for AutoTweetNG and Joocial:
Created: Thursday, 28 August 2014 17:37
Welcome to the Party of Plugins!
In August, we have released Our Biggest Update Ever! And, now, we have more news to end this amazing month, a Party of new integration Plugins for AutoTweetNG and Joocial!
- NEW: Jomres v7.4 plugin
- Powerful booking system, tried and tested over many years, by thousands of users.
- NEW: JoomPlace's Testimonials v7.4 plugin
- Let your visitors leave feedbacks.
- NEW: Infyways's Responsive Testimonials Pro v7.4 plugin
- Perfect extension to display testimonials, ratings or case studies.
- NEW: Minitek's FAQ Book Pro v7.4 plugin
- Create a Frequently Asked Questions section in your website.
With these new integration options, we have reached 45 integrated extensions! All of them are fully integrated to enhance your social media management, publishing "Posts" to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more.
Created: Monday, 28 July 2014 14:39
As part of our efforts to improve your experience we are updating our web site. Joomla 2.5 is reaching EOL (end of life) 31 Dec 2014. Therefore, we are also migrating to Joomla 3 and new extensions to improve our customer support workflows.
Today, we announce the immediate availability of Install from Web, Live Updates, and Beta Channels.
Install from Web
We have added support to Joomla Install from Web feature to simplify installing extensions from the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED) or account download direct links.
Live Updates feature provides one-click updates. In every visit to the extension control panel, fi there's a new version available in your account, then a notification it's going to be shown to allow the update.
Account Download Id
Now our customers have exclusive access to private Direct Download Links. Our components need you to set up the Download ID before you can install the web updates. Download ID is here. Then, in site's administrator page on Component Parameters, the Live Update tab can be finally enabled.
Stable and Beta Channels
We usually publish monthly stable versions, and now they have their own Live Update channels. Additionally, we are releasing Beta Channels to offer a new way to work on the latest features. Our beta extensions provide the most updated features, and we run them in our sites at all times. Beta channels are now available for our mayor extensions:
- Autotweetng PRO and Free Beta
- Joocial beta
- XTDir for SobiPro, JomSocial and EasySocial beta
Our beta releases are thoroughly tested, but may still contain a few minor bugs. If you run across one, please report it on our support forum or system.
To sum up, the above detailed new tools allow to simplify and reduce the administrative load on a Joomla site. We are working hard to improve and provide a top-notch service. More news are coming!
Created: Tuesday, 01 July 2014 14:07
We have updated the XTDir familiy of extensions. This time we have released a brand new set of features and modules to update the suite.
GeoMap search support
Based on SP GeoMap field, we have added published the XTDir GeoMap Search for SobiPro. In this way, XTDir has support for geographical search in a specific module, and in all of our search features. It includes:
- Proximity Search, which lets the visitors search entries within the proximity of a given location
- Compatible with XTDir Promoted Entries
- Compatible with SP GeoMap field
- Results are shown ordered by priority and distance
Faceted search support
Based on customers request, we have introduced Faceted Search for Joomla, and integrated it with SobiPro catalogs. To put it simply, XTDir for SobiPro provides search features in the same way you can find in Etsy.
User Access Level Promotion, memberships on PayPlans/Akeeba Subscriptions
Futhermore, we have added User Access Level Promotions. User Groups are used in Joomla for access control to content. Membership management extensions assign user groups according to user memberships. Thus, the new XTDir feature manages SobiPro Entries Promotions (ordering) according to user groups. That is to say, XTDir for SobiPro is even a perfect match for advanced membership implementation based on either on ReadyBytes' PayPlans or Akeeba Subscriptions.
Online Web Presentation: XTDir for SobiPro Recipe: Sobipro and PayPlans Membership Management
New Widgets: Entries Accordion and Grid of Entries modules
Finally, we have introduced new modules to show entries on new innovative layouts:
- Bootstrap Accordion Layout
- Horizontal Accordion Layout
- List of entries in a Bootstrap Grid
To sum up, XTDir v5.4 is a strong release full of news. For more information, please, review the change log.
Created: Wednesday, 28 May 2014 20:37
Today, we've released AutoTweetNG and Joocial v7.3.0. On this version, the main feature is a compatibility review for new Facebook Platform Version 2.0.
Facebook Platform Version 2.0 has several updates.
- User IDs and Friends: Graph API v2.0 includes some changes to how user IDs and friends work in order to better protect people's info.
- Login: Facebook Login in v2.0 contains significant differences as compared with the previous version. It introduces more user permission control, and new and optimized permissions.
- Graph API: Changes on endpoints and new endpoints.
- FQL: FQL is still available in version 2.0r, but will not be available in the next version of platform.
- Sharing: Apps can tag friends as part of that story; App Links is an open, cross platform solution; and more.
Biggest impact is on "Joocial - Community Auto Posting" and the audit to authorize Registered User Channels, for more information please, check this slide.
Please, remember to upgrade your site to AutoTweetNG or Joocial v7.3.
Created: Friday, 11 April 2014 18:43
UPDATE Joocial Version 7.2.0 - Beta 2 is out! - 15th April 2014
- NEW LinkedIn Community Auto-Posting
- NEW Twitter Community Auto-Posting
BREAKING NEWS: Full social integration from back-end to front-end users.
Until now, Joomla! social auto-posting has been focused on backend configuration to site-wide social channels.
Today, in Joocial v7.2 Beta 1, we are releasing Front-End User Social Channels, to enable user-level social auto-posting.
- Registered Users can enable their social channels E.g. Facebook.
- All User Activities in site are published to User Social Channel.
- A site-wide channel works for general auto-posting, publishing as usual to site channels.
- A user channel publishes only to User Profile.
In the upcoming weeks, we are relasing the final version, including Front-End Auto-posting for Twitter and LinkedIn.
As always, we appreciate any feedback you have on the Beta 1, it helps us to improve the product and service.
Joocial - Community Auto-Posting
Online Web Presentation
Created: Thursday, 27 February 2014 13:58
We've been answering questions about AutoTweetNG and Joocial. To bring light, and clearly define each product scope, these are the answers to most common questions:
- AutoTweetNG is our back-end auto-posting extension and it's going to remain focused to be the best solution available. Joocial is our new extension to solve general social media management in Joomla, front-end AND back-end. Joocial includes AutoTweetNG.
- AutoTweetNG Architecture is mature, and we release increamental updates following product roadmap (more social networks channels, plugins, powerful auto-posting features, etc).
- Joocial Architecture, the product has just been released. We plan to implement new innovative features, mainly oriented to the social media team (E.g. marketing agencies managing several accounts). It has its own site: http://www.joocial.com/, and we have a very busy roadmap ahead.
- Joocial is not a replacement of AutoTweetNG. Each solution has its own scope. Our marketing-oriented customers have been asking for more social management features. To keep AutoTweetNG neat and simple, we've created Joocial for the new front-end/ back-end usage cases.
- About Pricing: AutoTweetNG has the same pricing (no change). Joocial has its own pricing strategy, according to the new scope and customers. Extly Club membership pricing has been updated to include also Joocial. Current Extly Club members has Joocial already available.
Winner: AutoTweetNG vs Joocial
Users! More flexibility, solutions and features are now available supporting new usage cases. If you are happy auto-posting with AutoTweetNG, there's no need to change, we are releasing improvements in every update as usual. If you work in social media management team, and you need to define message scheduling, evergreen posts (re-publishing), content edition, etc; Joocial is the new Joomla solution to help you in content social media management.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information..